How are you surviving today?

oh Johnny - what a pain :(

Divocity! that's what it's all about, that's what makes SFN ( let me spell it out for the spiders )

survive france network probably the greatest network on the planet and maybe beyond

enough fun threads here Brain to make a blanket

or Blanky-wanky as we call them here

Oh no Johnny!

Brian, we are all just deflecting the blast so that you can have a peaceful unhindered birthday - cos that's the kind of guys we are.

;-)

Anybody having a good day there? Locksmiths, Ron designing the perfect suicide cocktail, Val and Suz in the dumps, gawd...

One ray of sunshine we don't have to buy new sets of keys this year: Cue

Always look on the bright side of life....

sorry dudes just popped into this thread ( trying to avoid that other one ) you know, the one that's going on and on and on and on

Nick good buddy.your locksmith must be having aright old sleeve chortle!

non smiley

@ Valerie, Surprised you didn't know about the Doliprane wonder cure. We're all addicted, and find that crushing them, mixing with a little water/Vodka, heating over a spoon...and cranking straight into the eyeball really hits the spot, and avoids any potential tummy upset.

Thanks for your support my friend (virtual smiley back). Just asked the woman who looks after all that stuff to find out if it's still under guarantee as this happened about the same time last year. It's a grand every time the guy comes out to repair it. We then split the cost between the owners

@ Nick

Wunderbars, didn't know they still did those. Sorry to hear about your door misfortune, but on the positive side, I don't have to pay for it.

virtual implied smiley

....ah great, now just been hit for additional charges of €253 because the communal front door lock broke in the flat...

Wunderbar - any body else want to draw blood today, c'mon let's get it over with. Pffff

Aha! So it's called Doliprane. Thank you so much for that Suzanne. My sister had to bring me a bottle of Calpol from the UK for Twerp because I couldn't explain in my crup French to the pharmacist what it was I was after. I agree 100% about surviving France with SFN - it's a mine of wonderful information and you've just supplied me with another gold nugget. Right, Doliprane on the shopping list...

I should have added - Calpol which is loved to much in the UK has an equivalent in France - Doliprane for those who weren't aware. It comes in sirop like Calpol or for under 1's in suppository form (which I've blogged about before). In my house at the moment - thank goodness I have a large supply!

ah thanks Nick - no good nights sleep here. Maisy coughing like mad and poor little thing just couldn't breathe properly in her bed so I ended up sat up with her sleeping next to me all night (in between coughing fits).

And don't forget the decimal point is a comma on your cheques (which is the way the UK will go too)!

Hope it's going better today, I had a carp one yesterday too so I empathise with you. Started with a hew-ooooge tax bill that they took straight out of my account. A summons to appear in front of the Grand Tribunal de Paris (not tax related but I can't go into it either. I'm not too worried about it. It's simply the pursuer posturing).

Two clients then both wanted something as a deadline and one wanted me to set up an independent value engineering cell before Thursday, had to discuss with the boss and that made it too late to go swimming.

When I got back to the flat, telephone line down, so no telly or internnet.

Only the thought of being able to share it with you guys this morning kept me going.

Did have a good nights sleep though.

....still, surviving... I think

$-)