How can I get this job

Hi there, I want to work in airport, I wanted to work as ticketing agent, the one who do the check in for the airline. I seen almost all the time women there.
Q. Are they prefer women only for this job?
Q. How can I get this job? Any course for this?
Q. What are the pros and cons of this job?
Thanks

Look for the ground support companies at the airport of choice. Check the vacancies and apply with your CV.

3 Likes

I would have thought that it would be illegal for them only to employ female staff, so I expect you have as much a chance as anyone else qualified.

1 Like

I’ve seen men plenty of times at check in desks. The airline/airport companies hire people who qualify/have experience so you need to contact them. If it is France, then you need fluent french as well as english.

1 Like

Because airports operate from early morning to late at night there are quite a lot of part time and shift workers. This often suits women because of childcare responsibilities.

1 Like

Yes I am looking in France, my English is okay, however french is so so. Thanks something I need to work on.

My granddaughter applied to several airlines who have open days in Toulouse. I expect they do in most big cites. You need to chose an airline and look/ask about the open days. Having 2 or more languages is a big advantage. She was 1 cm too short for Emirates cabin crew but they did say there were ground staff opportunities. She was successful with another airline and has been working with them since January. Find an airline - go on the website and ask. Good luck!!

1 Like

Thanks