How good a job has Bojo and his team done so far

The enemy of my enemy is my friend

1 Like

Fleetingly, perhaps.

Just as long as it takes.

2 Likes

That used to be the case but the world (and politics) is a lot more complicated now

So who could take Doris’ place? The Govester? He’s hugely appealing - as much as a fatberg.

2 Likes

Patel would be worse.

It’s a good question though - there is something peculiar about Johnson which makes him Teflon coated as far as all the lying, cheating, incompetance and misappropriation of public funds goes in a way which I suspect most of the rest of them will not be.

Which puts any successor in possession of a chalice with quite interesting properties.

I should say ‘appalling’

This is an excellent piece by Hassan Akkad - Eye watering and so relevant to what is happening in the UK today

4 Likes

Just under a year ago this wonderful article foreseeing the future

“Coming up for nearly a year after Theresa May resigned, we not only need to hold Boris Johnson accountable for his shameful record and government. But Tory MPs, the right-wing cheerleaders and apologists for Johnson to this day, and ultimately, the sick entity that Toryism has collapsed into – all are equally culpable. We should never forget and never let them forget. They have to pay the ultimate political price for what they have done and be driven into the wilderness.”

https://www.bing.com/newtabredir?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gerryhassan.com%2Fblog%2Fis-boris-johnson-the-most-incompetent-uk-prime-minister-in-living-memory%2F

2 Likes

Very true Dan, and the video plays despite looking as though it won’t.

1 Like

I have written to her and am awaiting her reply.
She is one of the newbies so I don’t know how long she will hang onto BoJo’s coat tails for.

Only worked for me after I had edited the url to remove the search engine reference.

And now so much more to add.
The deliberate awarding of contracts for PPE etc. to his cronies, which is now being challenged by the Good Law Project which, fortunately for all of us, is determined not to let him get away with it.
To add to all his appalling record the Government won a vote in the commons yesterday limiting help to leaseholders suffering from combustible cladding problems. People are unable to sell their flats and are being faced with bills for security which is bankrupting some.
Compare this with the amount spent on the appalling refurbishment of the PM’s flat at no 10.

But who is really in charge?

Oh dear, it all seems to be going a bit Pete Tong

Whether this will amount to anything but I suspect that Johnson’s premiership is now facing the death of a thousand cuts (or scandals).

1 Like

But for how long?
Will he be so attractive when the general public recognise him for the liar and incompetent he really is?

1 Like

Probably most of his supporters never will, but we don’t need all of them to come to their senses - just “enough” of them (say 25%) to tip the balance.

1 Like

Problem is Paul, that he will ignore all criticism and shout from the rooftops

I SORTED BREXIT

I SORTED COVID

Despite the facts to the contrary the will be enough people who will swallow the line.

It’s the world we live in

Andy

2 Likes

Agree but both of those are actually less cut and dried than he might hope.

Certainly over 125k deaths from Covid might cause people to pause and ask how well he “sorted Covid”. Also Covid has all but stopped Brits going on holiday to the EU - when they do so and findthemselves in long passport queues and getting their (blue) passports stamped they might start realising leaving the EU has practical downsides.

1 Like

I suspect you’re right Andy - but I don’t put most of the blame on ‘people’. Those not particularly interested in politics (the vast majority) only know what gets the absolute peak attention of the mass media - and that’s not the Johnson government’s corruption or mendacity…