How good a job has Bojo and his team done so far

Yes John, under the Peter principle all the good honest ones were binned so as no to detract from his awfulness…

“promoted based on their success in previous jobs until they reach a level at which they are no longer competent”

Problem is, he lost it after losing his job replacing the office bog toilet rolls :roll_eyes:

1 Like

What a fine Bunch - The current inner circle at No 10

1 Like

Would you actually employ any of them?

1 Like

Here’s an interesting piece that seems to conclude that if they do not personally enrich themselves then that’s alright - In answer to your question - Yes l would employ Rishi to do my accounts :grinning:

UK probe to examine David Cameron′s not so hidden hand | Business| Economy and finance news from a German perspective | DW | 22.04.2021

I wouldn’t employ any of them to even empty my septic tank.

1 Like

:grinning:
but I might push a few of them in mine :wink:

This in The Spectator today - still looking after the ‘Old Firm’

“I have been assured that the rules have been fully complied with, and I know that [the Prime Minister] has met the costs of the flat refurbishment.” Liz Truss

Sunday shows round-up: I ‘absolutely believe and trust’ the PM, says Truss | The Spectator

End of discussion then if Liz Truss says all is OK!

There is simply no trust left.

1 Like

Just watching Line of Duty, I can’t help but think that Johnson & Co are an OCG (Organised Crime Group) - the level of law breaking, dishonesty and corruption to the core.

1 Like

Mother of God Mat, what were they thinking of?

1 Like

What an episode :sunglasses:, So Boris Johnson is H and Dominic Cummings is holding a smoking gun, who would have thought it :wink::yum::grin:

1 Like

:shushing_face: We’re saving up the episodes until the series is finished. Next Sunday I think, so the week after will be a three day blitz :slightly_smiling_face:

Correct… and it looks like a “blink and you’ll miss it” episode!

We have watched and recorded them.

This week we are going to rewatch them so we are hopefully in full understanding before the finale.

1 Like

Excellent article in yesterdays Observer gets to the heart of the matter IMO.

“The Observer has called for significant tightening of rules around political lobbying and a strengthening of the ministerial code, but the sad truth is no set of rules in the world can inject integrity, selflessness and leadership into the character of a man who has none.”

The Observer view on Boris Johnson’s fitness for office | Boris Johnson | The Guardian

1 Like

I saw this in a shop this morning. Lot’s of discussion on BBC R2 which I don’t normally listen to but has a large audience. A suggestion was aired that Scummings kept his job after the eye test fiasco because he had too much dirt on Doris. Could the person I despise even more than Johnson be responsible for his downfall? Interesting times ahead.

4 Likes

Dominic doing a spot of Sunday evening briefing? Any Tory PM must know they’re in trouble when the Mail is after them.

3 Likes

I never, ever thought I’d be rooting for Dominic Cummings.

5 Likes

I couldn’t have put it better myself.

1 Like