How good a job has Bojo and his team done so far

Yes, a very nasty and vicious thing to do. However, I’ve found that what goes around comes around and people capable of that sort of meanness often get hoisted by their own petard.

3 Likes

I seem to be missing something, enlighten please.

What do think you are missing Jane?

I think you know now.

1 Like

no idea who?

No, and I’ve no intention of starting a witch hunt. I don’t think any of “us” would have done it and I probably made a mistake making a public post, I thought everyone knew. Sadly there are lurkers, remember I did my “copyright” half joke months ago on my ID?

We need data analytics to see who accessed fora that our friend was on but never posted themselves. I suspect there’s data that with a bit of analysis would lead us to the culprit. I’ll talk to James and maybe deploy my state of the art BDT (bastard detection tool) software © all rights protected.

2 Likes

I heard on the Today Programme that anti-vaxxers were shouting ’ Murderers and Poisoners ’ at a mobile vaccination clinic in Newcastle.
I think that we will soon be reaching a state where those who refuse to do the socially responsible thing will either have to choose to be vaccinated or accept the consequent restrictions on their liberty.
BoJo does not want to face the great British Public and announce yet another Lock down.

I have just received this letter from my MP.

Dear Jane

Thank you for taking the time to write to me in relation to your concerns about the Prime Minister and Chancellor self isolating after being contacted by NHS Track and Trace.

I like you, believe that both the Prime Minister and Chancellor should have confirmed that they will be self isolating from the moment that they were ‘pinged’. I was however relieved when I saw that the Prime Minster and Chancellor decided not to take part in the testing trial. As you will have seen, both of them isolated at home and the Prime Minister engaged with Prime Minister’s Questions virtually last week.

A number of local businesses have reported to me that they are being negatively impacted by the test and trace app as healthy staff have been forced to isolate. I have spoken to government about this and encouraged the ‘test and release’ scheme to be brought forward as quickly as possible.

I hope you are keeping well.

With kind regards

Siobhan

Siobhan Baillie MP
Member of Parliament for Stroud
House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA

“decided not to take part in the testing trial.” Oh, puh-leeze

3 Likes

Well, they are politicians who speak with forked tongue.
At least I have something I can agree with my MP on.

Heroes :roll_eyes:

like wot Doris said at the National Police Memorial earlier this week - whilst at the same time screwing the live ones out of a decent pay rise :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Deploy the CRS equivalent, in a caring way :crazy_face: These lunatics are putting lives at risk.

1 Like

But they don’t seem to care.

Fascinating insight into whether cases are actually falling in the UK in the latest ONS study.
It seems that cases may have actually been rising in the UK throughout, but people just haven’t been reporting them - or taking a test - hence the apparent fall. 40% of those testing positive in the ONS survey had no symptoms at all, so had no idea they were infected.
This may indeed be the future pattern for all heavily vaccinated countries: once most people have some immunity, the covid virus will circulate without most people noticing it (but of course some people will have severe symptoms, and the virus will continue to mutate).

That’s supposed to be the point of tracing contacts, isn’t it?

1 Like
1 Like

Interesting article in today’s Times…YouGov polling suggesting Johnson can’t play at both ends…Keeling traditional southern home county voters happy and also to court ex labour voters in red wall seats.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/boris-johnsons-support-slipping-away-in-true-blue-conservative-territory-lf0npgp90

Roost chickens home to coming …re arrange as appropriate!

1 Like

Here is more revelations from the Good Law Project on how the Tories are spending public money for their own advantage.
Dear Jane,

Good Law Project had a court hearing last week in connection with our challenge to the award of a lucrative public contract to associates of Michael Gove and Dominic Cummings at Hanbury without competition.

Documents we can now disclose show that Hanbury, under the instruction of the Cabinet Office, was given taxpayers’ money to conduct ’ political polling’ on key opposition figures, including Keir Starmer and Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan.

The decision to spend public money polling on opposition politicians left civil servants deeply, and rightly, uncomfortable. One said on email: ’ hanbury measure attitude towards political figures, which they shouldn’t do using government money, but they have been asked to and it’s a battle that i think is hard to fight’.

Documents unearthed in the course of our hearing also include this March 2020 email from Dominic Cummings to civil servants demanding approval is given ’ immediately’ for Hanbury to commence polling work, adding ’ Anybody in CABOFF whines tell them i ordered it from PM’.

News of Hanbury’s involvement was not well-received. One civil servant wrote: ’ this all makes me really uncomfortable. ben warner wants us to spend £110k of public money per month with the agency who were behind vote leave who have no mainstream polling experience’.

The evidence also shows Dominic Cummings’ close ally and former No.10 advisor Ben Warner (another Vote Leave veteran) was directing civil servants to his private WhatsApp rather than his official email address. In one email to civil servants, he claims: ’ often its easier to catch me over WhatsApp than email’. Needless to say, Government hasn’t disclosed any of Mr Warner’s WhatsApp messages.

This money doesn’t belong to the Tories. They shouldn’t be spending it working out how to win elections. It’s public money – from taxes we all work hard to pay. And it’s a kind of theft for them to misuse it for the purposes of the Conservative Party.

Thank you,

Jo Maugham - Good Law Project

Only with your support can we continue to hold the Government to account. If you are in a position to do so, you can make a donation here:

Donate

3 Likes

Ehem, is this true? Hangers-on and sycophantic clowns tittering at the commemoration of fallen police officers? That must have given great solace to the officers’ families and friends. As for the odious, racist Patel smirking in the background… words fail me.

1 Like