How good a job has Bojo and his team done so far

5 Likes

Hell hath no fury like a Dido scorned…

1 Like

Good Law Project

2 Likes

Sooo - the covid travel test arrangements collapse in another fiasco.
Doesn’t that make everything the Tories tried to do through the private sector - PPE, test-and-trace, eat-out-to-help-out, etc - complete disasters; and the only thing they did through the public sector - vaccinations - their only success?
They’ll no doubt draw the conclusion that the private sector works better then.

1 Like

Can we make Dido Harding queen of everything?

3 Likes

I have been keeping SF posted on Court cases taken by Good Law Project and donating as well.
If you feel that they are doing a good job, perhaps you could send them a few quid or two?

1 Like

Yes I’ve donated a few times.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Yes I donate to them

7 Likes

4 Likes

Or to be replaced by any of his just as bad chums.

I may have missed something (haven’t been able to keep up even with my usual daily Guardian reading for a week or so) but there doesn’t seem to be much of a political fuss over the UK’s worsening covid statistics - especially after yesterday’s 40-odd thousand cases per day figure.

In fact UK cases have been rising steadily throughout August (France followed a similar trend - at a lower level - until the middle of the month, but then saw dramatic improvement)…

And the UK’s vaccine roll-out fell off a cliff (France passed the UK in mid-August in terms of % of population vaccinated, and in absolute numbers a few days later)…

I think one reason there’s been no major alarm in the UK about rising case numbers is they haven’t translated into a huge leap in hospitalisations as yet but that might well change once all the schools in England go back next week.

As regards vaccinations, France was likely to overtake the UK at some point because anyone from the age of 12 can get one here whereas the UK is still dithering about it.

Deaths in UK (& France) of around 100 per day are an inconvenient truth - and clearly shows that this is not finished.

The vaccine take up in France currently is approx 3x that of UK no doubt influenced by Macron approach of Pass Sanitaire or a chargeable test.

UK seems to be getting in a right muddle now with vaccines - inevitable that eventually UK govt would cock it up after the initial good start.

2 Likes

I think the whole ‘freedom day’ thing was another in the long line of silly mistakes by the UK government (very like the ‘eat out to help out’ fiasco): it amounted to an insistence on going immediately back to normal, rather than the kind of gradual relaxation alongside increasing vaccination seen in the UK’s neighbouring countries.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Excellent.

About time too. Hopefully this will help with uptake of the vaccine. Progress has been woeful recently.
Izzy x

1 Like

Johnson’s team-speak…

5 Likes