How good a job has Bojo and his team done so far

They forgot

Leveling up = Utter bollocks

2 Likes

Just back from La Belle France - very noticeable the different attitudes to mask wearing between the two countries.

Everywhere we went in France - supermarkets, restoā€™s, Aires etc. - everyone was wearing their mask.

Back in the UK - first stop at Maidstone Services to grab a coffee and hardly anyone was bothering! Same at the services at Oxford on the M40.

I dont think folk in the UK are taking the issue seriously at all anymore. Even greeting friends and family in France there were no bisousā€¦just fist or elbow bumps.

Damn!!! I want to go back there NOW!!! Each time I come back, the need to move over permanently gets stronger and stronger!!!

8 Likes

Well, Iā€™m going back to the UK on Friday to see my family for the first time in nearly two years. Iā€™ll be there for my sisters 69th birthday and my mothers 88th birthday :gift::birthday::sparkler::balloon:
Talking with my sister, she pretty much says the same as @carlmt . As sheā€™s the primary carer for my mum, she takes it all very seriously, as do I and most of my family. Trouble is, itā€™s the people who donā€™t take it seriously that can end up causing problems for those who do.

The journey up the M20 in the dark and rain (and traffic jam) did it for me - I just asked what are we doing? Permanently moved soon afrer!

3 Likes

I have just been to Belgium and Amsterdam for a few days. I think all the rules must have just been relaxed in the Netherlands as I saw hardly anyone wearing a mask. It was only compulsory it seems in the station. In shops/bars/restaurants there was no one wearing them. I think the numbers are much better in the Netherlands but I do wonder if that might not change after the summer holidays. I hope of course that is not the case!

The only time my Pass Sanitaire was checked was when I changed trains in Paris on the way home.

Just listened to Camilla Tominey associate editor of the Daily Torygraph and from her barely disguised anger Johnson has made a real enemy of his previous employer over "unconservative " tax changes and broken promises. Not wise to make an enemy of friends in your own back yard, and on being asked is he likely to lead the Tories in the next GE, she said we will have to wait and seeā€¦so hope there then!

1 Like

The problem being that the most likely candidates are worse.

Though they lack Johnsonā€™s charisma which might be an advantage to the opposition.

Michale Gollum must see himself as a front runner.

So it would appear surprisingly there is no solution on the horizon for the unsolvable problem. Once again kicking the can down the road and avoiding the inevitable problems once full implementation is in place:

I suspect the calm before the storm, but who knows?

3 Likes

Things I prefer about France No. 132: they prosecute ministers that are negligentā€¦

1 Like

Marcus Ball is taking BoJo to court again for lying in his public office.

It takes a while though.

Do you remember the French blood scandal?

2 Likes

And whatā€™s more. they refuse to accept Brits as blood donors because of mad cow disease when they also had it in France, but refused to acknowledge it.

Yes - I doubt whether the Buzyn case will result in any actual retribution in the end - but it does seem to be a more realistic possibility in France than in the UK.

2 Likes

FB_IMG_1631441528933

5 Likes

It is clearly time I upgraded my Cycling Proficiency level 1

(to be honest I didnā€™t even achieve that as I was thrown off the course for misbehaving and I refused to apologise - a bit embarrassing as my father was helping run the course!)

Unbelievably this has been scrapped. This Government hasnā€™t got a sodding clue! What a shit show. Apologies for language!
Izzy x