How good a job has Bojo and his team done so far

Thank goodness we now live in France.
Perhaps all those who believed the ‘lies’ of Project Fear are now reassessing their loyalty?

Better a bit too short than too long, I like to see a bit of (nicely turned, preferably) ankle rather than a shapeless billow over a nasty unpolished shoe à la current UK pm (whose ankles aren’t anything to admire either).

2 Likes

4 Likes

Nothing to worry about… Kwarteng has activated the “Downstream Oil Protocol”!! As David Allen Green says, it’s all a bit Flash Gordon.

1 Like

It the non-industry specific upstream bullshit protocol that’s getting to me :joy:

Shapps and Kwarteng are following the playbook of that other great realist… Comical Ali.

EwRqrq9XEAAix4f

I actually think that we somehow fetishise “getting the army in”, probably all that faux WWII nostalgia - or perhaps some distant memory of “Green Godesses” being conscripted when the firemen were being uppity.

Seriously, the army has a few thousand drivers but only a handful able to drive the largest articulated lorries - and probably even fewer who are trained to drive tankers.

In what way is this actually going to help?

1 Like

I understand that they will need to undertake five days training, when, hopefully, this will be over.
I read an article in the Guardian that china is now experiencing energy shortages causing problems in parts of the country.
It seems that there is very little good news nowadays.

2 Likes

Probably safer than Phil M’Bag…

2 Likes

5 Likes

The 70’s have called and would like their crisis back.

But no fuel means less driving, so all good for pollution and climate change and deaths from asthma?

Just great for me as we are going back to Scotland to see our families next week for the first time in 2 years :thinking::slightly_frowning_face:

It’s taking a very serious turn now though - physical fights and threats with knives in the petrol queues.

1 Like

LETTER OF THE DAY in the Lancashire Telegraph…

It was a conundrum!.. the world was producing so much waste carbon dioxide that it was destroying the planet yet there was still a drastic shortage of it.

We needed 100,000 extra HGV drivers otherwise there would be food shortages in the shops and no petrol on the forecourts… food prices and inflation were skyrocketing… Christmas could be cancelled!

Gas prices had almost trebled leaving great swathes of the population in the dilemma of having to decide whether to ‘heat’ or ‘eat’. The NHS was in danger of being overwhelmed and the world was struck by a pandemic.

The monarchy was in chaos, the high streets and big-name shops were disappearing. Drugs were ruining millions of lives every year. Tens of thousands were living in houses in Britain that were not fit for rats. Mental health and obesity (especially child) were rising exponentially.

Crime was on the increase, especially knife crime, and we had not scratched the surface of the problems of racism and gender inequality. Some workers over 23 years old, possible with children and mortgages, were being paid £8.91 per hour.

I woke up shaking in a cold sweat and then thankfully realised I’d been having a nightmare!

I’d been dreaming that I was living in the depressing world of Mad Max. Thank goodness I had come back to reality.

Colin Morrison

2 Likes

Getting serious!

1 Like

More serious for the pig farmers who will have to cull their piglets on farm as there is not enough production to take them into the food chain.
If someone has to go without their chipolatas, no real worry, but if farmers are going bust, losing their livelihood, farms and homes, then that’s really serious.
On Farming Today it was revealed that the extra fishing quota agreed by BoJo and his mates was for fish that the public doesn’t want to eat or which aren’t there to catch and the fishing industry is losing tens of millions of pounds again this year.
Lesson, don’t trust BoJo’s promises and learn, albeit too late, that Project Fear has turned down and is now biting the hands that voted against it.

2 Likes

I think you could have stopped here.

1 Like

That’s what they say about a full English breakfast, the chicken is involved but the pig is committed :joy:

3 Likes