How good a job has Bojo and his team done so far

images-1

1 Like

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 18.45.38

3 Likes

2 Likes

Not to mention - Johnson backs up Scummings BS fantasy - resulting in non compliance - resulting in more deaths

It doesnā€™t matter if they come up with Tier 100, if the lockdown is ignored as, anecdotally, it has been in many area especially London then it will not be effective.

1 Like

But great news! After 9 months of pandemic the UK is finally going to restrict/ test incoming travel :mask:

Got it in one @anon88169868 the government can only go so far you have to have compliance by the populace,the protests in Hyde park at the weekend and St Thomas Hospital on NYE prove that enforcement is the only way

2 Likes

Yes, but the first step in encouraging compliance is a simple message with simple rules.

A degree of consistency, not backing themselves into a last minute U-turn and making it clear that the rules apply universally (i.e no exceptions for government SPADs) would help as well.

2 Likes

I have a supply of surgical masks and also my pm2.5. Whilst I would agree some couldnā€™t cope with pm2.5 masks the absolute minimal restriction from a surgical mask should mean no exception or you have to stay indoors and frightening children who love dressing up anyway, just make for fun for kids masks.

Absolutely, the priority of their myriad special communications advisors is making the incompetent look less so rather than messaging the public. Itā€™s spin not communications.

I still donā€™t accept the blame they are apportioning to the new strain. I believe that with or without a new strain they would still be in the merde. Maybe a little less so but the major factor for the 50K (update: 60K) a day IMO is Johnsonā€™s vacillation not mutation. The fact that every minister I have heard has been "on messageā€™ and mentioned the ā€œnew strainā€ being out of control, as if the old one wasnā€™t, reenforces my view.

1 Like

A comparison - extreme, but interesting. 22 tweets in total, with photos.
https://mobile.twitter.com/koryodynasty/status/1345210393715564544

Indeed Fleur, our horses died of old age whilst Boris and his happless crew thought about closing the stable doors! :astonished:

1 Like

Even John Crace is sombreā€¦

And Jacob Rees Mogg has now also broken lockdown rulesā€¦

And offered some pathetic excuse, which boils down to ā€œthe rules donā€™t apply to MEā€

Like most politicians they donā€™t think any rules apply to them, odious, self-righteous, nasty little prick.

I donā€™t know how Gove and him arenā€™t declared public health hazards due to the risk of slipping on the slime trails they leave behind everywhere they go.

7 Likes

Poor Johnson.

Well, things may be bad here in the UK but at least we havenā€™t been asked to reduce our electricity consumption.