How good a job has Bojo and his team done so far

deplorable…

??? :thinking: That’s good Ron.

1 Like

“I am increasingly admiring of Donald Trump."

• Boris Johnson in 2018.

another scam abounds in the UK…

EDF did say that they wren’t anticipating power cuts so it looks like it was a “be careful if you can because it’s mind numbingly cold”
Do you honestly think you’d get any warning at all in the UK? I worked in the electricity supply industry for many years when there was a reliable construction plan for new power stations. Since privatisation in 1988/89 that was scrapped. I and many of my colleagues made sure we had charged car batteries and inverters at home :smiley:

2 Likes

I think Ian is looking on the bright side Angela. It’s the Percy Pigs (who turn out to be Percy Schwein) shortage that has me worried.

What is this Scully-Guardian obsession with Percy Pigs? More than 2,000 M&S products affected, 400-odd withdrawn from Northern Ireland, whole aisles empty - and all you can think about is Pigs!

Not totally fair Geof, I also like Colin the caterpillar.

2 Likes

Whilst this is happening the NHS is asking if those volunteering to become vaccinators if they have been vetted for child protection, despite the fact that they are vaccinating those over 80 and children are not scheduled for vaccinatioon anyway.
Totally mad.

Are you referring to DBS Jane ? ,or mandatory training in child protection? I know some people are being asked to do mandatory training as part of the induction process to be a vaccinator ,Child protection is a part of the training you have to do in the NHS I actually think this is important and if you are vaccinating children or not is irrelevant

Hancock said he was trying to cut the red tape down to the essentials.

For what it’s worth, I think progress on vaccinations is being made. Johnson still over promising and underdelivering but the woman actually in charge seems to have her head screwed on. At last a bit of much needed competence.

Not about Bojo but sometimes when I am in the right mood I look at Daily Mail comments to see what the other side thinks. There was an article about the total unpreparedness of the UK government and subsequent shortages of some fruit and veg. Here are a couple of priceless responses. :joy:

2 Likes

I do the same, and Telegraph comments. It’s strong stuff though, it’s easy to OD and need a lie down.

4 Likes

The latter looks like a spoof - actually both look like spoofs (though I conceed they could be genuine - there really is some warped thinking around in Brexit land).

I don’t know how any of you can read that stuff. My GP said we needed to keep an eye on my blood pressure :thinking:

3 Likes

Sounds just like my eldest Brother apart from the fact he’s not called Dave but HE does live oop norf :yawning_face:

I have an OH who hugely enjoys seeing how far he can push the content of his reader’s comments before he’s “found out” - so don’t believe everything you read. :rofl:

3 Likes

It is totally relevant.
We need people to help to be vaccinators and putting unnecessary obstacles in their way when they are not going to be coming into contact with children just shows the attitude of people who subscribe to the box ticking culture and put that above the needs of society at this dangerous time.

I heard that.
He shouldn’t be saying he was trying to cut down red tape, he should be insisting it happens.

But people could use the information they obtain as vaccinators to come into contact contact with children,especially in these days when people live their lives out on social media