How good a job has Bojo and his team done so far

First time poster here so I hope I have something useful to add.
DBS checks are also used when a worker/volunteer has contact with vulnerable adults , which would include most of the very elderly, the first to be vaccinated.
Concerns for safeguarding vulnerable adults overlap those for children and similar training for both .
My 92 year old mother had her first dose on Sunday, no ill effects. In fact it seemed to perk her up!

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum Nici. :grin: :partying_face: :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

You are quite right, in Oz when I was a nurse and midwife I had to do it every 2 years regardless of working with kids or not.

2 Likes

Or OAPs (presumably) :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

You may laugh but during the first year of my MW training it was part time so at the same time I was working at a private hospital and at an old peoples home as a RN (registered nurse, not sure what they are called in the UK - sister?). It was actually lovely to be seeing them out and seeing them in, real circle of life stuff!

@Jane_Williamson hasnā€™t specified if she means the vaccinators are receiving training in Child protection or are being DBS checked for Child Protection

I remember when a young policeman was disciplined for jumping into water to rescue someone, because he had not been on the relevant course.
This red tape surrounding vaccinators is of the same ilk.

1 Like

Does it really matter?
They are vaccinating folk over 80.

Jane they wonā€™t just be vaccinating over 80s it will move to other age groups,people with health conditions ,front line staff etc etc

Adam Wagner, a London human rights barrister, has calculated that lockdown rules in England have been changed at least 64 times by the government since the start of the pandemic.

1 Like

Heā€™s doing a great job.

Heā€™s doing the best he can apparently - which is worrying if this is his best.

That comment was in May 2020 and is just like Doris, dithers and delays :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So have you changed you mind in the last 7 months - do you now agree that Mr Johnson is now doing an excellent job and is not lying and corrupt just serving his rich mates?

no way @Mat_Davies :grin:

The last mention was that people up to the age of 18 were to be vaccinated, adults.
This is not done in private at these large vaccination centres and one would expect that GPs et al are already covered.

It isnā€™t just about the people being vaccinated. Letā€™s have a scenario,X has history of grooming children they meet via the childrens parents and earning their trust. This shows up on X DBS X gets a role at the vaccination centre but their child safeguarding isnā€™t checked. During the process X gets chatting to Y who says ā€˜I am really nervous about injections and I wasnā€™t sure about the vaccination, but I am a single parent and it wouldnā€™t be fair on my kids if I am ill or worse ā€˜ X makes a note of Ys name and has an idea where they live. A couple of nights later X goes on Facebook or Instagram and finds Y and messages them. ā€˜ Hi I was talking to you at the vaccination centre, I was just wondering are you okay,? I know you were nervous ā€œ Y thinks X is lovely and is obviously trustworthy because they were at the vaccination centre werenā€™t they

4 Likes

Changing the subject - not vaccinations, but Cold War Steve on childrenā€™s lunches. One law etc.

Perhaps you have not noticed but X would not be allowed in Yā€™s house.

And perhaps you havenā€™t noticed I never said X had been anywhere near Ys house

1 Like

ā€¦ that yours was a credible and well-constructed possible scenario that underscores the devious nature of predatory paedophiliaā€¦

2 Likes