How good a job has Bojo and his team done so far

Thanks Graham, totally brilliant! I needed that.

1 Like

no maybe about it but would you want any of the jokers in the govt to replace him?Guy Fawkes had the right idea.

I think many knives are being sharpened, I am fairly sure the entire cabinet would turn on him (and indeed any member of it) if they thought it would benefit them.

Guy Fawkes’ target was the King. Imagine the outcry if you blew up HM.

Exactly, they are all out for themselves.

Corruption confirmed

2 Likes

I have just opened the e-mail from The Good Law Project. Excellent News. Also the Government tried to stop this case by saying that the Good Law Project was not legally entitled to bring this case, which the Judge threw out. It has cost the taxpayer over ÂŁ200,000 in legal costs to defend the indefensible.
Perhaps this will be a huge warning and now we will see the end of under the counter jobs for the boys?

5 Likes

It looks like a lot of Tory friends and associates have made a hell of a lot of money out of cronyism through the covid contracts.

1 Like

Isn’t the fat lump of racist mince addressing the nation at some point, in the week ahead?

1 Like

Don’t know about that but Boris Johnson is due to make an announcement tomorrow. :grinning:

1 Like

Okay my mistake Tim :joy:

Strange how the tables have turned again. France now has double the infection rate of the UK and more people in hospital.

The explanation is very simple Ronald - the UK is in strict lockdown, and has been for some time - France isn’t - no daytime travel etc restrictions - schools, shops, etc, all open here.

Yes, it is an important victory, I applaud the God Law Project for trying to do something â€‰to try to hold the government to account.

But it is an empty victory without sanctions and I can’t see that there will be any.

Is that not a risky strategy given how quick things take off?

The chief culprits have already slunk away.

I had a message from my paramedic friend in N. Devon this morning.
She’s doing extra shifts at a covid hospital ; largely because not many people are that enthusiastic about doing them.
Ordinarily, she can find herself working with colleagues of similar experience to her own ; sometimes she has student paramedics.
This morning, however, she’s teamed with a fireman…he can only drive, & can’t intervene in any way with patients.
Comms etc. aren’t working, so they’re using notebooks.
First job was to take the ambulance with its defective brakes & engine warning lights elsewhere to get it replaced.
She & various colleagues have only just received their vaccination, whereas the IT folks got theirs weeks ago.
She’s had covid already, but was cleared to go back to work.
As she said, “welcome to today’s NHS”.

Luckily, the government has invested so wisely its 22 billion (?) in its world beating system of Track & Trace.

The UK and France are responding to very different situations - UK deaths are now over 42% higher than covid deaths in France - and even now when French cases are getting higher, deaths are a lot lower; ICU beds in France have generally not been anywhere near full - indeed in my area they have hardly been over 25% occupied - so our situation is a long, long way from the UK situation.

1 Like

France has 2x more beds per head of population (5.98/100,000) than the UK (2.54/100,000) (source Wikipedia, 2017 figures).

It also has almost 2x the number of ICU beds (11.6 per 100,000 population vs 6.6 - though doubtless Covid has changed that drastically as those are, again, 2017 figures).

Hardly surprising that the system is less stretched in France.

Note that more beds does not necessarily mean “better service” overall, but facing a problem such as a pandemic more places to put ill people is definitely a better starting point.

2 Likes