How good a job has Bojo and his team done so far

I thought we were talking about France.
Playing tit for tat is childish and trying to justify it is worse.

2 Likes

I think you are taking this far too seriously Jane. Itā€™s only a thread to swap views and opinions on.

Pot Kettle Black

Possibly. Iā€™m off to paint the garage door :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Unless thatā€™s some kind of euphemism, Iā€™m very disappointed.

Boris has just been named in a book as an inveterate liar, enough said.

3 Likes

No Kistrea, thatā€™s what Iā€™m going to do. I need a little physical activity. I only saw your post because Iā€™ve opened the iPad to tune into Radio 4.

Iā€™m a tad disappointed myself to be honest. I think weā€™ve just had a drive by shooting. Somebody comes on here, out of the blue. Tells us that she and her (presumably) British circle of friends used to be on here, but they left because weā€™re a nasty bunch. Now, she got the ā€œshort strawā€ to vet us once again and weā€™re still a nasty bunch.

Maybe sheā€™s right, but she hasnā€™t the courage or integrity to justify any of her brickbats. And some here think sheā€™s got a point :flushed:

The RAL 6021 Tollens Elasto-bois beckons, Ć  plus :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Please be inspired by our patriotic front door:

(ps - not really our front door!)

So you sayšŸ˜€

haha ā€œabandon hope all ye who enter hereā€ on the knockerā€¦ :rofl:

Given his lack of backbone invertebrate liar might be a better description.

4 Likes

If John can paint as well as that Iā€™ll pay him to do ours. Le tricoleur of course.

2 Likes

So, Sunak will do ā€œwhatever it takesā€ to restart the economy.

I look forward to his announcement that we will rejoin the Single Market and Customs Union.

7 Likes

He told the truth about how the UK population was lied to about Brexit.

3 Likes

Because if you have moved to another country you will want to confirm to yourself that you made a wise choice, and therefore you are unlikely, in the first place, to be very critical of that country, and secondly you may launch vituperative comments about the country you left. Most Brits who have gone to France are living in idyllic rural hamlets, just like we did. Not many will be moving to a citĆ©. When we moved we knew about France but not in much depth. We didnā€™t know about the stultifying bureaucracy or the brilliant health service, or the wonderfully friendly people or the total absence of customer service. It was a pot luck thing, but we knew we would be able to adapt. The French people I know are far more critical of the country and its government than anyone posting on here. I think thatā€™s probably the natural order of things. But the constant, unthinking criticism of the UK is the prompt for my post.

2 Likes

Graham Lees post being a case in point.

1 Like

Sorry if this has already been posted :woman_shrugging:

Your reply doesnā€™t engage with my question at all Ronald. People that move away from a country are very likely to have good reason, such as a lot of criticisms of the way it is organised - and very likely to be very attracted to the country they move to. This seems very obvious. Why the need to then speculate about some hidden motive behind their views?
Speaking personally, dissatisfaction with the UK and long-standing love of France, and particularly French culture, was indeed an important reason for moving - but Iā€™m no more critical of the UK now than I was when I lived there. Itā€™s not about self-justification; there is no deep psychological reason Iā€™m critical of Johnson, for example - the explanation lies not in my psychology - but in his words and actions!

6 Likes

And by the way - I was a lot - a lot! - more critical of Thatcher than I am of Johnson!

1 Like

Well thereā€™s a surprise! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like