How good a job has Bojo and his team done so far

A bit like hemorrhoids !

Ahh that brings me back. Not least of all to my dancing triumph.

1 Like

One of the few ailments I donā€™t have Peter (yet). BTW, howā€™s your Macron thread going? Iā€™m afraid to look :sunglasses:

Looks like there is similar scepticism in Germany but you (and Ron) only have a go at Manu. Come on :roll_eyes: This is a Bojo thread and weā€™re havewhataboutery to defend him

2 Likes

Iā€™m really puzzled by all the nay saying on the AZ. https://youtu.be/U3otWaBrvEc

Dr Campbell talks about the latest findings and itā€™s all good unless I missed something. Meanwhile there are a lot of people in Europe unprotected who could be protected.

1 Like

Fizzled out Iā€™m afraid, unfortunately the happenings in the UK are obviously more importantā€¦

I think the whole thing started Michael when the AZ was rushed through approval with the minimum of supporting data. IMO as a result of poor management by AZ and jingoistic comments by Johnson et al. One doesnā€™t hear the same concerns about Pfizer or Modena. I think subsequently AZ has proved to be a robust vaccine, maybe even better than the mRNA ones but the initial dodgy launch followed by the dubious allocation priorities have damaged the ā€œbrandā€, so to speak. People, in Germany in particular, just donā€™t want it. Mind you, due to their ā€œlowā€ death rate people there donā€™t feel as much at risk or in need of vaccination as people, IMO wisely, do in the UK.

Well hopefully it will comeback because really trying to justify Johnsonā€™s multitudinous sins by doing a whataboutery on Macron is bad form.

1 Like

Last time I looked this was a site about France!

And you can deflect all you want but Macron has done poorly when it comes to vaccines. Even when looking through those rose-tinted specs youā€™re obviously wearing.

On the other hand, BJ has done a shit job on just about everything. Show me where I have defended him!

2 Likes

Fair enough Izzy, why not post that on Peterā€™s Macron thread. It has nothing to do with how good a job Bojo has bone (edit: done :face_with_hand_over_mouth:), has it?

Just following the discussion. Lots of people posted about Macron before I did. I think you call it thread drift.
Night night!

And this is relevant to how well Johnson has done ? For a French forum it is awfully fixated on the UK

1 Like

If contributors were predominately from Greenland I would expect to see that countryā€™s affairs covered in the same way. So much hangs on agreements between, in this case, the EU or France and the UK for many on here, not to mention concerns for friends and relatives back in the old country. As someone who is carefully considering a move to France Iā€™m very worried about Johnson ruining things re- WA / trade deal.

3 Likes

There are curesā€¦try Leipicol

thought you had one looking at the tiny thumbnail picā€™

It is and I find it so frustrating as what the French government does has far more relevance to my day to day life than Johnson and coā€™s latest cock-up. People justify their constant anti UK rants with the ā€˜Iā€™ve got a UK pension, family and friendsā€™ line which is laughable because we all have.

IMO it would be useful if there was a separate section for UK discussions where people could rant away to their hearts content.

4 Likes

Freedom of movement? We only have the choice of France or the UK now unless we want to go through all the red tape elsewhere.
Having spent most of my life working in other countries I was proud to consider myself part of the European community but now Iā€™ve regressed to being lumped in with a bunch of Brexiteer fā€¦wits.

1 Like

Note that the AZ vaccine is an mRNA vaccine - the difference between it and the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines is that it uses an adenovirus vector to get the Covid mRNA into your cells.

Fair enough,but it does sometimes seem that people just jump on any chance to bash the UK ,see this thread and itā€™s length,and yet ignore stuff far more relevant to day to day life in France

2 Likes

Well it confused meā€¦

Talking about being Ā“ blinded by science Ā“, here is Dr Magnus Pyke at his bestā€¦