How good a job has Bojo and his team done so far

Yes, just as Germany said, Canada recently said, etc. Maybe we should post all the countries that were unsure of the AZ effectiveness instead of just singling out Manu :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Have I missed something? As far as Iā€™m aware proper clinical trials have shown the AZ vaccine to be less effective than others.
I know the UK government and media have moved the goalposts by reporting that it is effective at reducing hospitalisations, and transmission, but these are rather different from the original clinical trial criteria. Has there been a new clinical trial?

How many vaccine threads are we going to have?

1 Like

One for each variant? I bags Pfizer :joy:

Iā€™m getting clinical trials and studies fatigue. Is there a vaccine against that? Anyway, in theory Iā€™m getting the AZ tomorrow. Iā€™ve made my wife promise that if I subsequently contract Covid and die then sheā€™ll post a posthumous ā€œI told you soā€ here for me.

A bit like Spike Milliganā€™s ā€œI told you I was sickā€ epitaph on his headstone (which he had to have inscribed in Irish due to the cemeteryā€™s managementā€™s intransigence.

Yea - thatā€™s the same ā€˜moved goalpostsā€™ report Iā€™ve seen - itā€™s about prevention of ā€˜serious illnessā€™ - ie. hospitalisation.

It should (according to reports) prevent you actually dying John - well, of covid, anyway - but you might still catch it!

1 Like

Except everyone was talking about what Macron said so thatā€™s why I posted it. Ronald Fox said above that he thought Macron had used the words quoted in the article et voilĆ .
If you want to post about all those other countries then go ahead.
Izzy x

I didnā€™t mean your post Izzy ,

1 Like

But the article doesnā€™t report that Macron said the vaccine is quasi-ineffective - the actual statement it attributes to him is very qualified:

ā€œThe real problem on AstraZeneca is that it doesnā€™t work the way we were expecting it to,ā€¦ Weā€™re waiting for the EMA [European Medicines Agency] results, but today everything points to thinking it is quasi-ineffective on people older than 65, some say those 60 years or older.ā€

It would be interesting to know if he was speaking in English or French too.

3 Likes

Sorry Izzy, Iā€™m probably being pedantic and a pain but what Ron wrote wasā€¦

What I was questioning was if Macron did say that and Iā€™m still not sure he did. I enjoy the banter and different views here and Iā€™m sure I get things wrong all the time but I do try to be factual.

Iā€™m going to be :fr: patriotic and have Sanofi.

Oh.
Wellā€¦
Errrā€¦

Perhaps not.

No @John_Scully I was referring to this.

Just spotted that Johnson has one quality person on his teamā€¦ (representing the stocker belt too :beers:)

Then he should have kept quiet until he knew instead of saying that! He knows how influential he is and look at the effect it has had!? He either knew what he was doing or is a complete idiot.
Izzy x

1 Like

Good luck, fingers crossed for you as my wife had it last Saturday, doc wouldnā€™t do me as Iā€™m 65+, she was crock with flu like for 36 hours but i soon passed

corā€¦ it affects spouses as well :thinking:
bon continuation and well before Easter too :slightly_smiling_face:

And even a resemblance!!

Oh :slightly_smiling_face: Itā€™s all going over my head now.

I may need a beard. I might photoshop myself when I get a moment.

I think I just spotted another Scully on CH4 commenting on the impact of climate change on a World Heritage site in Yorkshire. Weā€™re like busses, you wait for ages and then a bunch of us come along at the same time.