How much money sloshing around in France?

Having watched the Netflix doc on Lilian Bettencourt, I took to wondering how much money is actually sloshing around France. With LaCentral listing 5700 Porsches, 700 Ferraris and 200 Lamborghinis in the ‘newish’ bracket of the second hand market, and the average house price being bandied around in Google of 2000 - 2500€/sq. metre, maybe more money than I thought.

Looking for a better insight than Google provides, I happened upon an up to date feature in Le Monde that quotes:

The threshold of 3,673 euros chosen by the Observatoire des Inégalités may seem low, more comfortable than truly rich, but the cutoff for the highest-earning 10% is actually lower, at 3,328 euros per month; for the richest 5%, it is 4,156 euros; for the 1% (i.e., 630,000 people), 7,180 euros; 17,538 euros for the 0.1%; and 54,497 euros per month for the 0.01%. By comparison, 7.3% of Germans live on 4,052 euros per month or more, for a single person, which is close.

This from:

OK the figures are taken from records available of salaried people and not the likes of Mme Bettencourt-Meyers, but I think the above figures are surprisingly ‘low’ for the categories…

Was that documentory any good? I pondered about watching it but wasn’t sure who she really was apart from connected to the shampoo firm.

Good? No.

But an interesting insight on how money breeds corruption.