How Trump's 'compliment' to Brigitte Macron hurts America

1 Like

I did raise the question of preferred complimentsā€¦what normally follows a remark about ā€œgreat shapeā€ā€¦ isā€¦ ā€œfor your ageā€ā€¦ which I would not appreciate (but thatā€™s just me)

1 Like

I agreeā€¦his comments in poor taste and far too familiar.

3 Likes

Repulsive inappropriate sexist creep, clearly unable to see that half the population are people rather than some object there for him to pass judgment on for irrelevant superficial qualities.
Pass the sick bucket.

9 Likes

James, You could delete from 's up to and including Macron and the question would have as much import. I would assume however that you were asking it rhetorically. The man, his family and his entourage are an effing disaster for the world. You may also want to include the Republicans in Congress who now have a favourable climate to show their true colours. Letā€™s hope that it does not encourage them to reproduce.

On the same subject, it is interesting to note how little play this demonstration of male plumage was covered in the French press.

2 Likes

Veronique took the words from my mouth!!!

1 Like

I donā€™t think his remark shows anything more than the cultural obsession with looks in America. When American ā€˜celebritiesā€™ come to Europe, Iā€™m struck by their ridiculous looks from men wearing make up, to obviously dyed hair, immaculate hair, sprayed and varnished into place, all have glowing white perfect teeth and seem botoxed. So when an American says (with some surprise) that you are looking good, it is a compliment.

and I hope people donā€™t give me compliments. A compliment simply means that they have judged me and approve of me. I need nobodyā€™s approval Iā€™m afraid. However, if someone says that my dog is very well behaved, or that he has a lovely glossy coat, I will be so pleased. Itā€™s a recognition of the work I have put in to make him well behaved and keep him healthy :slight_smile: Aqui esta mi perro Espagnol

2 Likes