How was your first day+ at 80kph?

Pollution from a rural road 30km away?

Sorry that was my typo, I meant 30M, sorry Barry

1 Like

Sadly, there are folk who "fly like a rocket " no matter what speed limit is…the decrease in limit is not the cause… :zipper_mouth_face:

A danger to others if not themselves, they swing in and out in order to be the one in front and zoom off into the distance. They will continue to do so, until “flashed” by the traps… (if there are still some which have not been vandalised ). Those ridiculous speedsters will probably/hopefully lose licence/car or whatever…

The folk who simply want to do a little more than the limit…perhaps what the road will bear, in clear conditions… these folk are not really the bad guys… but everyone gets tarred with the same brush…

It will be interesting to see how the whole thing pans out.

I would add that the only bunching I have noticed … is when a speedster (car or lorry) roars up behind… almost egging us on… practically in the back seat and looking to overtake at the first opportunity. Finally zooming off… often at well over 30/40kh above the limit (whatever that may be)…

Sometimes we catch them up… at the traffic lights… etc… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Whilst I understand your sentiment, and don’t disagree. The old diesel vans in the UK could be replaced by a new leased van at very reasonable cost compared to the additional fuel used running an old one, not to mention the reliability issue of a lost day and lost customer.

Are you sure about that? Nitrous Oxide is laughing gas.

Nitrous oxide - N2O is, indeed laughing gas - it has various uses as an oxidiser as well (including “nitrous” as used in high performance cars).

The pollutants are the mono-nitrogen oxides - NO and NO2

I think we might all do better with a niff of laughing-gas…

1 Like

Oooh matron​:joy::joy::joy:

Silly how easy it is to go off subject!
We came back from 79 Niort yesterday on the peripheral road which still had 90 signs in both directions, including the 90 kph warning on the approach to the speed camera.
So, have they not changed the signs? or do they not agree with the downgrade at Niort?
Some drivers did 90+ some at 80 like us.
The road is a mix of single and dual carriage ways.

The roads themselves are a mixture of speeds, depending on circumstances…and it can be confusing.

Frankly, if in doubt, you stick to 80kh (rather than 90kh) and you can hardly be in the wrong…:zipper_mouth_face::relaxed:

We were so fed up with madheads we bought an 80 sticker to put on the lefthand rear corner of our car, we collect bunchers who keep correct space from us.
There are other drivers who agree and like us do not want a ticket or points.

1 Like

If the sign says 90, you can do 90 if other conditions permit.

limit%20155mph

It alternates, 90 on the dual bits and 80 on the single. It’s so much better than it was when it was all 80.

Lots of German cars are.

Are you sure? I thought it was a blanket 80 except motorways.

80 applies to single carriageways without central barrier.

But if there is a sign that still says 90 that should be the limit which applies - just be sure that there is such a sign.

Yes I’m sure, Stella posted about it a long time ago.

So were the mad heads mad or were you a PIA?
BTW, in France you loose points.

1 Like

Thankyou I searched back and found her post,
I dont trust it though, better to drive at the speed of the majority then.
I noticed our speedo reads a bit slow when clocked by a roadside indicator.
And some cars have digital speedo’s which are accurate, so we use them as a guide.
I normally drive at 83 which is accepted by other drivers.