How's that going to work then?

No comparison. Bojo and Trump have screwed up.

Following Macron’s speech Interior Minister Christophe Castaner added details to the measures.

“The instruction is clear: stay home,” said Castaner.

On the subject of exceptions he added that people would still be allowed to go out and walk the dog but not in a group.

1 Like

Better a fat dog than a dead owner. The only way for this to be slowed is for us to hibernate.

Considering that you fit into the most vulnerable group I would imagine that you would have seen it as good news. The measures are being taken to protect people like you!

Dead right too.

No. They happen to sell tobacco, but they stay open because they have a particular status as state shops for things like fiscal stamps, capsules congé, taxes of different sorts.

Actually Dan, I don’t consider myself to be especially ‘vulnerable’ at all really. The rest of me might have 66 years but my immune system is just coming up to its 3rd birthday following its replacement by means of stem-cell transplant. Also, I suppose that I must be one of the relatively few of my peers who don’t have any pre-existing underlying conditions at all.

I know very well how to ‘self-isolate’ as I had to do it (to a substantially higher standard than is now decreed) for the best part of a year in 2017 and that all started off with 3 weeks in the hospital isolation unit.
The annoyance of this time around is a point of principal: Ask me to do it, or tell me that it’s a good idea to do it, and that is fine and I would probably comply to a higher standard than most will.
Order me to do it under threat of legal sanction and I’m mindful to suggest that the issuer of such a dictat should take a long walk off a short pier.

I havnt yet found which site has the paper to print off authorisation de sortir.

Ok i can reply to my own question the authorisation paper isnt on the govt. Website until later today.
Im transporting a horse to the vets today and wont be back by 12. Maybe the vet will cancel.

Come on Robert.
This is not alll about you.
France is trying to save lives, and if that means offending the sensibilities of a few special snowflakes, so be it.
Did you listen to Macron’s speech? If not, I suggest ypu do.

7 Likes

You can download the form by following this link -

As we don’t come into physical contact with anyone when we’re working we fully intend to carry on and have printed off several completed copies of the attestation which we’ll keep in the van.

Unbelievable. No doubt if the British gentlemen Boris Johnson had the guts to issue a similar degree to protect the health of a British citizens, especially those who have experienced serious serious health issues like yourself, you would have sprung to attention. As Anna says, this is not all about you. You have chosen to live in France and should therefore respect the government’s actions in these difficult times. I thought you were an ex police officer, did you respect those people who did not respect the law when carrying out your duties?
(Mr Johnson seems more interested in protecting his friends at Lloyd’s than those who run or frequent bars, clubs or theatres)

2 Likes

I think after the weekend when people totally ignored what the government was saying they had very little choice but to get tough.

4 Likes

We don’t have a printer Tim, nor do our elderly neighbours - any idea what we should do - apart from starve.

L’attestation de dĂ©placement dĂ©rogatoire est tĂ©lĂ©chargeable ou peut ĂȘtre rĂ©digĂ©e sur papier libre:

Thank you Stella l will take up the pen - it’s been some time - not sure l remember how to use one​:blush::blush::blush:

and you don’t need to put the whole list of reasons
 every time you use the handwritten form

simply name address etc
 as per the top of the form

certify that
(copy that bit word for word)

then give the reason you are out and about (using the wording from the form probably best)

then date and sign

present the document, with a genuine smile
 to the huge Gendarme who is asking why you are out
 and all should be well

good luck

4 Likes

What was that again Tim?

1 Like

With all due respect Bob “probably” isn’t good enough in our current mess. Everyone has to comply. We’re lucky that we have the Asian and Lombardy experiences to learn from and more time to prepare. The time for debate is over IMO, now is the time for urgent action.
Someone should explain to Bojo that with exponential infection growth rates it’s better to act too soon than too late.

1 Like