How's that going to work then?

So what about the U.S presidential candidates. Are they all meant to stay at home? Granted I wish Trump would retire although Pence is just as bad …

I think if the current leader of the opposition was to self isolate even more ridicule would be heaped upon him.

1 Like

Is recommending isolation for the over 70s being recommended in the US ? in which case yes they should. Don’t get me wrong this isn’t a dig at Corbyn as a person,it is just I genuinely feel that high profile people have a duty to the public observing them

The point seems to me that the reason why over 70s are recommended to self isolate for their own protection.
Whereas, other measures such as avoiding large gatherings, good hygiene etc that apply to everyone, are for the public good.
A cottontop deciding not to self isolate is not the same as a cottontop refusing to wash their hands.

Use pencil and rub it out :shushing_face:

I believe Hancock, during his comedy half hour in the Commons last night, did revise the over seventies advice to those with underlying conditions. Bojo’s Dad probably made him :crazy_face:

The half hearted UK response will result in people who need intensive care being denied it in great numbers and needless deaths will result. Time is of the essence. You should consider yourself fortunate to be living in a country where this virus is being managed properly.

4 Likes

California has recommended all over 65s hibernate.

Too true.

I’ve mentioned this idea around locally … and so far… folk think it should work… after all, if one is out legitimately with identification and completed document (ready to sign)… and no-one questions the why’s and wherefore’s… the paper can be used for the next “essential excursion”.

I’ve made my essential journey already this morning… before the “curfew” and don’t plan to go out for the next 2 weeks… but, I’ve got my document ready just in case I do need it…

I never thought you would hear me say this but I wish Jeremy Hunt was still in charge
Fair enough if the advice as changed. I was never completely convinced by it but… I do feel one of the most high profile people in the UK has a duty to follow official instructions

Yes, it’s amazing, He did so much damage as Health Secretary and now he’s actually talking some sense. Maybe his Chinese wife has belatedly battered some sense into him. Hunt may have been wrong on occasion but he had conviction. Hancock is an obsequious wimp. Just how Bojo likes his team to be.

3 Likes

We’ve each got three forms on the go with the date in pencil so it can be changed as needed.

1 Like

Ah well. The gamekeeper who does not know the ways of the poacher would not be very good at his job.

While elsewhere Europe is on lockdown, in England, Wales and Scotland, rock concerts with many thousands of visitors have been taking place as planned - this is Stereophonic’s program for the first half of March - venues like Manchester Arena, Cardiff and Nottingham Motorpoint Arenas, London O2, Glasgow SSE Hydro :

https://www.stereophonics.c…

IMO that’s why the UK should not have been “included” in the EU for the purposes of the travel ban. It’s even worse in Ireland. Schools, pubs, theatres, cinemas all closed south of the border but a few miles north that cretin Foster proudly follows Bojo cocked up strategy. In an effort to contain this madness Ireland should immediately ban all NI registered cars.

My folk musician friends have cancelled the rest of their tour. In folk an audience of 200 is unusual but they have been sensible

quote from tonight’s News… the first Fines will be dished out from Wednesday…

La plupart des automobilistes avaient bien prévu[ leur attestation de déplacement]. Mais d’autres non. Alors les policiers ont gardé le sourire et expliqué qu’il ne faudrait pas tarder à l’imprimer. Les premières amendes pourraient tomber dès mercredi.

Might. Pourraient :blush:

ha ha… quite correct… but if they show too much leniency folk might think it is OK to ignore/misbehave…

I understood it as ‘if people were out for frivolous reasons (but they won’t be), then…’