I hate the Tories, but I'm also done with genocide Starmer

Thanks for the link! I’ve started watching and it’s really interesting.

1 Like

I don’t think it matters when it is as the result is already known.

Labour won’t/can’t do anything radical so they’ll hope an upturn in the economy will enable them to ‘splash the cash’ at some point.

Unfortunately, Starmer’s strategy seems to be based on hope rather than clearly presented, well thought-out goals and policies.

Fixed that for you.

1 Like

Hope is not a strategy.

“Not being the Tories” might carry Starmer into power, but he’s got his work cut out in just keeping his party from eating itself whilst trying dig the loose change out of Britain’s sofa to fund any real improvement to anything.

Hope has its place…

1 Like

Is it just me or is the human race armed with religion, poisoned by prejudice, and absolutely frantic with hatred and fear, galloping pell-mell back to the Dark Ages?

Despite our delusions, we’ve only ever been a few steps away.

1 Like

If you were to make a model of societal decline using historical records, you might see that the last 50 years has a great deal of correlation to the run up to the tipping points of ancient civilisations.

2 Likes

Politics and politicians. A conversation with concrete shoes

Some justify their desires by reference to religion, or to atheism; some use politics; some use science; some claim justification by reason.

Is it just me or is the human race armed with religion, poisoned by prejudice, and absolutely frantic with hatred and fear, galloping pell-mell back to the Dark Ages?

Is there an echo in here?

No, someone else said it yesterday.

The same person said it yesterday

1 Like

I know. It was that person I replied to. They would have known too. My reply overlapped yours.

It’s from a TV series I think.

And some just do it! Sorry Nike… (I’m not really)

1 Like

Those would be her followers then…