I need help again! Regarding AE

I have just received my application back from the CFE Metiers, saying I have chosen the incorrect option regarding health care. Has anyone had this experience and what did they do about it? I am tempted to reiterate that I am Britannique and have not had health care here before, would this suffice?

Thanks for the vote of confidence Andrew (although I think our answers crossed)- my husband says I'm pedantic!

It does sound as if there is something amiss though Janet and you should try to talk to them somehow because they seem to think you are already self employed.

Also, you have to register independently, don't make the mistake of registering as 'conjoint collaborateur'. Yours should be quite simple but as an artisan your husband will not be allowed to register on line as he will have take his qualifications into the Chambre des Metiers (or that was what my husband had to do as a carpenter).

As Tracy says it's not about health care (sorry I didn't make that clear but fortunately Tracy's never misses a thing ;-) However what I said above still goes and you really should speak to them - have you already registered as AE on the AE site? Are you trying to register through the CFE Metiers?

IF YOU ARE TRYING TO REGISTER AS AUTOENTREPRENEUR - BE SURE THAT IS THE REGIME/SET-UP THEY'RE GOING TO GIVE YOU. TOO MANY PEOPLE HAVE ENDED UP BEING REGISTERED UNDER THE NORMAL SYSTEM AND HAVE HUGE SOCIAL CHARGES TO PAY EVEN WHEN THEY'RE NOT EARNING A BEAN!!!

I've just had a quick flick through their site and I can't see the AE status/scheme mentioned anywhere!!!

That question is nothing about health care, any chance you could scan the letter in so we can see the whole thing?

Hi Janet

I did everything online when they set the scheme up in 2009 so can't help with video problems but to answer the question from what you tell me YES you will be "non-salarié non-agricole" BUT are you already registered as autoentrepreneurs or not because they are assuming that you are already self-employed (déjà travailleur indépendant). I'd reccommend a phone call or popping in to see them face to face if I were you.

Hi Janet

I guess you're talking about the autoentrepreneur scheme - depends what job you're doing but most prof libérals, commerçants and artisans are with the RSI (my case). I hope that helps.

Everything's on the site: http://www.lautoentrepreneur.fr/