I swear to you that this is TRUE!

Every so often I check my website and I saw today that someone from Ireland had been on it last Thursday. I know because I have tracker software. It doesn’t identity who, just where they come from and any link they used to get to my website. The person from Ireland came to myself via a result they got from a Google search they did.

I use my website to put up songs and records which I have had released in the past, plus details of a book, which I have written. I make a joke on my Welcome page that it took me so long to write the book that I started it in the age of typewriters and Tippex. (Note the word, Tippex). (Tippex for those who have forgotten or are too young to know is a white liquid which comes in a small bottle with a brush attached to the inside of the cap and was used to paint out mistakes made whilst typing on a typewriter. Oh, happy days!)

As you probably know, every word you enter into a Blog or onto a website is indexed by Google, which is why when you do a Google search you can get millions of results. Google has an algorithm which puts the search results in the order of relevance. Don’t ask me how.

Anyway, my website came up half way down the first page of results from this person in Ireland’s Google search, which is how he came to have a look at my website by way of just passing through. His Google search was … (and I swear to you, this is true!) … “is white tippex correction fluid fine on teeth

I now know where I have been going wrong, why no one has been downloading or reading my book. I am appealing to the wrong market. So, if there is anyone else out there who uses Tippex Correction Fluid to whiten their teeth, this is the book for you, as highly recommended by a fellow user (well, hopefully!).

I mean, the mind boggles! Is white tippex correction fluid fine on teeth!

(Well, someone is going to say this, so it might as well be me … Am I type-casting the Irish by writing about this person’s use of Tippex?)

PS. (A Trivial Pursuit fact: Tippex was invented by the mother of Mike Nesmith, who was in the ‘60s pop group, The Monkees. She sold the company to Gillette in 1979 for $47.5m. Good timing as a few years later, word processing and printers killed off the need for Tippex).

PPS. Anyone got any other ideas for alternative use of every day products?

Tony, I can only read certain words of your post, because of the tippex covering much of my screen (i make a lot of typos late at night)

lol.

Tippex, typewriters................ almost missed Tony's little gem towards the end: "Am I type-casting the Irish".

yeah it's a very old one ..

I believe Coal dust can be used to whiten teeth also,or is it soot ?

I love it!

Brilliant post Tony! ps please upload a profile photo - thanks! x