Identifying docs for CdS

No I probably didn’t explain what I mean very well :rofl:. I just meant if something did happen between today and getting either some private cover for the mean time or the SS number comes through and you ended up in hospital I’m sure that by explaining the situation (even showing your S1 although they would probably not know what it is) you would probably be able to work out with the hospital not have to pay your fees straight away until your card came through.

1 Like

It usually seems to be the case in emergencies that they treat you first and worry about money afterwards…(mercifully we do not live in the USA)

1 Like

Amen to that Angel.

I used to love the place, esp NYC. I went back after a gap of 20 years and just wanted to go home immediately. NYC - the streets were still broken, like the bad bits of Karachi. Filthy, noisey, rip-off expensive, crap hyped up a gold standard…

Thank the Lord that there was, after 4 days of ICU and every test inc my take on being dead, nothing wrong with me. Nothing!

I think I just had an allegic reaction to America. But the bill must have been eyewatering.

But I still have unfinished business there, as a photographer. Can’t be helped. Photographers are obsessional. The colours of the desert in the SW are magical. Then there’s the road. Always, the road. But it’s most unlikely I’ll go back.

As ever, I like to show whereof I speak, just for a moment’s light relief

Interstate 10. Palm Springs California. USA.-
Interstate 10, Palm Springs, CA. USA

My experience here is that hospitals are sensible, and they treat you and can then send you a bill rather than demanding money instantly. . In general if you fall over a break a hip (please don’t) it will be an emergency so treatment will be free apart from 20€ a day forfait. The rehabilitation afterwards will cost, but many physio’s are free lance and you can work out a payment plan.

1 Like