If you like Buggatis........ šŸ™‚

That DS? Is beautiful

And this was the interior - how different to modern day cars

Think I mentioned in an earlier thread, my father had one in the 70ā€™s. Marvellous car, and so comfortable! Every time I see one it takes me right back.

1 Like

Did they also have the pneumatic suspension?

Yes I think so. I donā€™t know the details but I remember, as a young kid, my father starting the car, and then it would magically rise :grin: I did understand it to be very innovative at the time, certainly breaking away from the standard suspension setup. After that I remember him test driving what I think was called a citroen famille that seemed like a very very long hulking car at the time, but extremely comfortable, again with a similar suspension setup.

Yes, although it looked like an explosion in a spaghetti factory in places. The CX was rationalised, but essentially similar (and bloomin expensive when the pipes needed replacing).

The 2CV is a very special car (in my opinion)ā€¦

and this little Peugeot racer has moved a few metres under my expert driving skillsā€¦ well, it was being pushed and I was steeringā€¦ :rofl: :wink:

2 Likes

Our 2CV which we sold a few years backā€¦ lovely car. Sold it for twice what we paid for it :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Going back to the late '60s when I left senior School, as part of their ā€œintegration to the wider worldā€ scheme (or whatever it was called), we kids were treated to a morning of access to local motorists and their cars who took us for rides. My allocation was to the front passenger seat in a DSā€¦ what an extraordinary experience which I remember with glee to this day! Often thought I would get one, one day, but never achieved it. Sadly now - even though I can afford one, my driving days are gone :cry:

I think in the end thatā€™s why my father sold his DS, just far to expensive maintain after a certain time when various start to fail. And I think thatā€™s where the 2CV/dyane win - so easy to work on and simiplicity :+1:

2 Likes

We had a GSA for a little while - to access the spark plugs on the lower cylinders about half the contents of the bonnet had to come out. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

They were way before that. They have big coil springs running longitudinally that keep both ends afloat. Very clever.

I responded to the email notice before reading the thread :roll_eyes: The dƩesse was the first with the plumbing, it was also meant to have a flat six engine but the money ran out so they stuck the old Light Fifteen four pot into it. A great pity.

A pal on mine has just bought a GSA to add to his Citroen menagerie.

Thatā€™s a pity Graham.

Heā€™s a brave man. :rofl:

There was so much about that car that should have been good, but it suffered the traditional camshaft wear that mean the engine was gutless, made worse by being clutchmatic. Then the neighbours children reversed hard into it (if we hadnā€™t seen it theyā€™d never have told us) and it was written off.

I still have a soft spot for 60s/70s Citroen interior design, but less so for mechanicals.