I'm hearing it's epidemic

I have been unwell for a few days but nothing to do with this. I have been to my doctor three days in a row. One of the things he has has warned me about is the virus in some parts of France that has already been found here in the region. It is not influenza (grippe), whatever people call it, and is not going to be prevented by having had a flu jab. Because I have a gastro-intestinal infection he warned me seriously to not have contact with anybody who is affected because any further infection it could cause may need antibiotics, which is exactly what I do not need right now. So yes, it is about, so watch out people.

Tansy, I too had headaches, a one day ear ache also, but it didn't last the worse was the cough due to bronchitis, I didn't work with old walls, we have some, but I went to many old people delivery New year gifts from the Mairie and perhaps some of our ainés had some health problems and they all insisted at kissing and keeping me a bit of time with them, they sometime don't see any body besides the mail lady, this was the first time I did this and I had to refuse all the drinks, pineau, cognac,wine besides a cup of coffee, I wouldn't have been able to go to the 12 homes where I went if I had drinks with all the lovely old people. I am glad I haven't passed this to my husband, he is fit as a fiddle.

Take care

the virus started as blinding headaches, sore throat & cold like symptoms, quickly became severe bronchitis for my husband...but as he had bacterial pneumonia in 2007 - (he'd been wondering around with it for 2 years before it was identified (long story & change of Dr's plus hospital required)), has weakened his chest...BTW bacterial pneumonia was possibly contracted from renovations...knocking down 4' old stone walls with mud infill...word to the wise if you are knocking around old French houses do wear a mask!

But speaking with other folk today, like for us, it's come back twice and we seem to be cross infecting...we're now in separate bedrooms & taking it in turns to be in the lounge!!

But yes it seems to be a bronchitis type attack, from what I've heard from the chemist, Dr etc....perhaps it's still just in Normandy as yet...

Hi Tansy, a virus is not treated by antibiotics. Your husband may have started with a virus but it must have become an infection to be successfully treated by antiobiotics.

It certainly sounds very unpleasant and I can only hope that we do not meet it here in Burgundy.

We had a very unpleasant virus before Christmas which affected our ears, which were sore and gave you a sharp pain and we became dizzy. We were very tired afterwards and glad that the family was not coming for Christmas.

Get well soon.

Tansy, here in Charente Maritime I started with rough voice on 2 Saturdays ago by Sunday I started coughing non stop on the following Thursday I went to the Doctor had meds prescription it made no difference and I went again to the Doctor this past Thursday and now I have a different antibiotics to take 3 times a day and other stuff it is now working well, I feel better after 2 weeks, Doctor said it is bronchitis and the coughing will last some more.

I hope I will not get this again, I haven't been this ill in years..I hope your husband is on the mend.