I'm hoping it's not here we go again

-4.5 C here last night, snowing steadily despite being well below freezing still, and now about 150mm of snow cover.
Not realising what was in store… I recently re-erected and reinforced our lightweight serre… so yesterday I hastily constructed a couple of timber portal frames inside, to stave off collapse.
We have wrapped up all the budding plants we can, but we have some 10 metres of Daffodils in full bloom. Yesterday one could just about make out yellow flowers under the snow…

… today they have disappeared except for a few green spikes poking above the snow. I am hoping the snow will protect them since we have predictions here (830 m above sea level) of -9 C or so overnight this evening and tommorow evening.

Some folk are hopefully going to avoid total losses…

1 Like

It looks like we dodged a bullet this time, even though it got down to -2C, there was always a light wind so everything is still in bloom, the passion fruit have all started to shoot and the pear and apple trees are starting to bloom as well.
We even have African marigolds from last year in bloom.

Got down to -6 chez moi, my trees are not happy.

Currently in a blizzard…

Crazy weather, it’s 16C and sunny and to be 23C on Monday.

Just had snow briefly…

We didn’t have too much frost, but then on Friday afternoon and evening we had storm Diego with high winds, torrential rain, and at times some hail, which all taken together have seriously damaged the blossom.