Immatriculation - making payment to ANTS

We didn’t bother. It was corrected when we bought a new car and disposed of the old one.
IIRC the numbering of houses was sold to the population as a safety measure so that emergency services could easily find your premises in the event of an emergency.

Improved postcodes would help!

Although I entered my house number on my CG application, it’s just arrived and has actually omitted the house number…

We were told to do this by a letter from our Mairie on pain of a fine, 135 euros we think, which we picked up from the ANTS site.
@ Graham Lees, I wouldn’t say that it was sold to the population, rather it was imposed upon them.
We were dead against it as are many of our friends.

I wasn’t defending the change @Jane_Williamson just reporting how our commune “sold” the need for numbering houses. In our small LD there are 6 houses in close-ish proximity and was in no way convinced of the need. The commune paid for fancy numbers to be fixed to gateposts and no mention was ever made about penalties for not doing so. Indeed, one of our neighbours has never attached a number to their house and as it’s just been sold to a Parisien family (as a holiday home we think) I doubt it will ever be.
It’s a weak argument anyway in my view. In the event of an emergency in the middle of the night, the house will be identified either by flames licking out of windows if a fire or the place lit up like a Christmas tree when others are in darkness :wink:
I speak from experience…

1 Like

I totally agree about finding a house on fire and, if you have sent for the Pompiers or an ambulance, then you would be on the look out.
This is obviously yet another campaign by sign manufacturers to government. the number of road signs we have in our lane for the four houses that use it is a joke.
Our neighbour who is a local councillor is in charge of giving out these numbers and has to ensure that they are used and visible.
It is yet another attempt at control from the centre and enough is more than enough.

and I thought that an egg was un œuf :wink: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I don’t have a house number, my road doesn’t even have a name - no doubt we’ll get these newfangled things at some stage, but I’m in no hurry.

2 Likes

It always amazed me that when in the UK my address was a trillion lines long - and they still lost post :roll_eyes:
Here in France, 3 times the size of that tiny island off the coast of Europe, my address is just 3 lines - and one of those is the name of the Country :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’ve just received ours, its changed from Le Moulin de Sansonneche to 1 Moulin de Sansonneche ffs. Dont think I’ll bother telling anyone.

@Mark_Robbins
Hahaha ridiculous

1 Like

trouble at t’mill p’tet :grinning:

Same here.

1 Like

So people will start looking for two and three!