Impot site

The link I posted should come up with a large page and on the lefthand side of the page is a section marked:
“Connexion ou création de votre espace”

you enter 13 numbers and click the small “connect” just underneath…

Not “Franceconnect” or anything else…

a new page opens asking … showing

Création de votre espace particulier

and asking for info… including your “numero d’access on ligne” which you can get from the Tax people…

However, as you are not really 100% with understanding all this (nothing detrimental in admitting this)… I would suggest you go the Paper route for the moment… at least this year.

On-line declarations and everything else gouv.fr on-line…needs you to understand French enough to know what each screen is saying/asking/offering… and getting one thing wrong can lead to all sorts of mishaps and possible misunderstanding… maybe ending up in a Tax-paying situation where none should exist… or vice versa… real chaos can result… :zipper_mouth_face::roll_eyes::persevere:

Thank you for trying to help me Stella, but when I enter the 13 digit number for Declarant No.1, I get this message

Pour créer votre espace particulier, vous devez préalablement fournir à votre centre des Finances Publiques . des éléments permettant de prouver votre identité.

Think I will wait until hubby is here and go to the tax office

Very odd… I’ve been using OH’s computer to “pretend” to be someone else… a newbie… and I get exactly what I am telling you.

Frankly… yes, do go and discuss with your Tax Office. As I have said… you cannot be forced to go the online route if you are “incapable” (for a good reason)… Unless your hubby is good with French and a whizz with computers… go slowly…

Hubby has hardly any French and just about knows how to turn the computer on. My French is not good, but I think I have enough to make myself understood and as long as the person speaks slowly I should understand them

Ann… I think you have confirmed my spoken/unspoken thoughts… you do not have sufficient French to master the on-line process… and neither of you is sufficiently computer literate… so IMO you can explain that… as poorly as you like… to the Tax Folk. They may find someone who speaks English, to whom you can clearly explain… but do, please do ask to make a Paper Declaration… :hugs:

My tax office accepts my paper declarations without any problems.

I take in all the forms every year, if I have a specific query then I make an appointment with the lovely lady who is in charge…

The web browser should translate the page well enough to understand it - Chrome certainly does,

Secondly I suspect you’re jumping out of Impots into one of the other portals for French government on line stuff - but how many paper returns have you done? If last year was the first then you can’t access the on line until paper demands are sent out with the final code

Tax Code comes first - on the first avis/demand there’s a Reference number you need - you don;t get the final on line access code until the following year - on the paper demand.

But you do need all three numbers - and of course they are spread over several bits of paper.

Thank you all for your help but I’m totally confused now, so will visit the tax office when hubby is here

1 Like

Hello Ann!
In case you have still not resolved this situration: I had the same message displayed like you did.
The way around it that I found is to click the button ‘S’identifer avec FranceConnect’ below.
From there you’ll be offered to login using multiple possible identifiers. I personally used my Ameli.fr credentials. After you connect with that, you’ll be offered to create your tax account and will not be requested to send any documents anymore! Good luck to you :slight_smile:

Hello Oleksii and welcome to the Forum.

Thanks for amending your Registration… :relaxed:

Whereabouts in France are you ???

Hey Stella!
Thank you!
I currently live in Paris. Been here for 1 and a few month now, so this is the first time I’ll be filing my taxes online. I guess, just as Ann here.

Oleskii… lucky you… Paris is a wonderful world of its own.

Generally speaking, a first-time Income Declaration is made in person at the Tax Office… I know this still goes on in areas outside of Paris… folk have to go and get themselves into the Tax system, completing a paper declaration…
and, in following years, then the Declarations can be made on line…

Be interesting to see how you get on in Paris… when the time comes…

Hi,

I want to create a French tax number for myself, and I was hoping to be able to submit a form online. I’ve got a feeling I know the answer to this already; and the answer is… I have to go in person (…which I can’t do at the moment due to lockdown and office closure and all).

Nevertheless, I’d appreciate your advice/confirmation please?

I visited the impots.gouv.fr and followed the directions (see below in French):

"Si vous ne disposez pas d’un numéro fiscal, vous pouvez en solliciter l’attribution auprès de votre centre des finances publiques (service des impôts des particuliers) au guichet ou à partir d’un formulaire disponible à la rubrique “Contact” du site impots.gouv.fr > Vous êtes un particulier > Votre demande concerne l’accès à votre espace particulier > Je n’ai pas de numéro fiscal.

Une fois votre espace créé, vous pourrez accéder au service de la déclaration en ligne.

Si vous n’êtes pas en mesure de déclarer en ligne, vous devez déposer une déclaration de revenus papier (formulaire n°2042). Vous pourrez déclarer sur internet l’année suivante après obtention de vos identifiants."

I filled in the form as required, pressed ‘continuer’ and received a message stating that no service can be found ("Aucun service n’a été trouvé)…

So, it’s pretty clear, right? I don’t have an option to submit online. It does state that I can fill out a form 2042 for declaration of tax revenues. I just wanted to request the tax number, at this time. I think there is a form 2043…France Tax number request_formulaire 2043 for applying for fiscal tax number .pdf (188.6 KB)

Thanks for reading all of this.

Hi Mary… I’m tied up at the moment… but I am sure there will be arrangements made for first-timers in the current lockdown situation.

someone may have already found it and will perhaps help… if not… I’ll look around over the weekend.

the date for starting Declarations has been delayed from 8th to 20th April I believe (off the top of my head…) so you have plenty of time…

be back to you asap

1 Like

Unless its changed …

Year 1 - paper return - that generates your Social and Tax number. Even if you have the numbers its still a paper return.

Year 1 - Tax demand arrives - keep it - it has a number you need in year 2.

Year 2 - they’ll give you the third number you need then you can do your stuff online

Year 2 - think maybe I shouldn’t have binned/filed year 1 paper.

1 Like