Impots email "you've not declared yet"

:grimacing:
They’ve been driving me up the wall, impots have.
However. I did everything I should, so all the problems are their fault and I told them so!
I did my return on time, nya nya!
(only just)

Well done Annajayne :smiley: :clap:

(I’m waiting for them to process them and come up with queries about mine…)

1 Like

Grrr. They had the wrong address and goodness knows whose phone number on my records!!!
It was very stressfull!

I can imagine! For the last few years I have added my house number in the "additional address"bit as I definitely HAVEN’T moved house but they don’t recognise the fact that the mairie has assigned new house numbers. Still, my last encounters with HMRC were so appalling, I am just grateful for the the lower level irritants I’m getting here :smiley:

I never had a problem with HMRC, the French paperwork and systems drive me up the wall. Still, at least the tax office can be emailed! Unlike some other French systems!

1 Like

They can indeed! And also have a network of venues in which you can actually talk to people - being somewhat deaf, I really appreicate having a real person to talk to :smiley:

Regarding HMRC - did you ever run a business in the UK? If you didn’t,be very very grateful :smiley:

I did run a small business, but as I said, I had no problems with HMRC.

Well done Annajayne! We did… not that they were hostile, just inaccessible and unhelpful. Good toknow that other people had a better experience! We’ve had better interactions with theauthorities here but we are in a very different position now so perhaps are lucky…

1 Like

HMRC forms and systems are better than the French ones, but the actual staff are now less accessible. And HMRC guidance is very clear, especially things like the webinars for overseas rental properties.

1 Like

We’ve obviously had completely opposite experiences, Jane! I find the French forms etc way better but then of course our pattern of life has changed when moving country too so that may partially explain it :thinking: