Impots - Property Details

Today I finally got around to filling in the new property declaration on the .gouv site.
I started by looking what they already had and most of the information seems correct but there are some things which are not. We have a house with a listing of one gite although it is classed as a house. We have just restored gite number 2 which is currently listed as an ‘outbuilding for a house’. These details along with some of the total square metre dimensions are different to what we understand them to be. Does anyone know how we get these amended? For example when we decided to create gite number 2 from what was just a shell of a building we contacted our local Marie and they said we did not require permission to do this as it was an ‘existing’ building and we were ‘decorating’ it! Now it is finished will it be so easy to change its Type of Premises?. The cellar is now the ground floor and the ground floor is now the first floor. so the metres has doubled from 30 to 60. Who needs to know all this? Even the dimenssions of the Main house appear to be wrong… I have opend yet another can of French worms I think!

Hi @gregca
there’s info in the Property & Home category… (would you like to change the category of your question… or I can do it for you…)

there are 294 posts… :wink:
but briefly… yes, you need to ensure the details are correct and there is a number to phone and speak with someone… and/or send a message via the messaging facility on your impots gouv fr page…

Hello Stella

I searched but did not find.

Changed but…

I also thought this was a Tax related issue as it deals with the impots…

Regards

Greg

1 Like

I only suggested the category change… as you are asking a question which has already been asked and answered on the link I offered… and it makes sense (I thought) to have things in one place… but if you’d rather leave it as it was… fair enough.

The Declaration is on the Impots site and is meant to ensure the full details of property are registered with the govt…

Ok, although you marie was correct in saying decoration didn’t need planning permission the fact that you have doubled the surface area does need at the very least a déclaration préalable.

But no worries, use your secure message service on your espace particulier to flag up that the details are not correct for your house and dépendances (now gîte). They will most likely send you one or two H1 form(s) to enter the correct details (which probably should have been done at the time, but hey ho!).

(Edit, since they launched this new declaration they have no doubt been inundated with people flagging up mistakes. The reason they did it was to make sure they were capturing all the properties that should still be subject to taxe d’hab, or CFE tax. If your gîtes are correctly registered and taxed then this will not be an issue for you. )

Thank you Jane. This is useful advice. Can we also query the existing dimensions that they have for our main house. Where do the original dimensions come from on their details? House numbering. Last year they allocated new street names and numbers in our village. The tax people do not have this update and the old/existing info held by them shows our property split over four numbers (a number for each building even the swimming pool has one!), now we have just one number allocated to us. I think that this will confuse them or maybe someone should have given us more new numbers. Anyone else had this problem?

They re-did the cadastral map for my old commune approx 4 years ago now and I had three different numbers for the property which then became one. This is what may have happened to your commune and you can check the cadastral map at the mairie or online if you are concerned but the Impôts should automatically know. Its all to do with streamlining and updating old info and I found even small items like my well and temporary sheds were also included whereas did not before.

Possibly an ancient planning permission? We have just asked our marie’s secretary if she can find the old permissions for our house as we think the details could be wrong, but don’t want to spend hours measuring every corner!