Improvement Tax

Hi All,
We purchased our property back in 2018 , we submitted plans for the renovation which have been accepted. The fosse septique has been fitted and passed by the the SPANK in 2019. I have received a Tax letter for “Improvement Tax” could someone let me know what this is for please. I have tried to Google it but not really getting an answer as it is mainly agent pages that talk about other taxes.
Also we are not living there and the house is totally empty, I am on the understanding that we may not have to pay Taxe d’habitation If we do not, do I speak with the Mayors Office?

Hoping to be there soon full time…

Many Thanks
Dave

Is there any furniture in the house? And are the services connected?

If not you can ask for exoneration, but you address this to the tax office not the mairie:

Madame, Monsieur,

Je vous informe par la présente que je souhaite prévenir vos services de la vacance de mon bien immobilier afin d’être exonéré de taxe d’habitation conformément à la législation en vigueur. En effet, mon logement situé à l’adresse suivante « ………………………… » était vacant au 1er janvier de l’année …… Il n’était ni occupé, ni meublé à cette date. Je reste à votre disposition pour vous transmettre tout justificatif que vous jugerez nécessaire.
Du fait de cette vacance, je vous remercie de bien vouloir m’exonérer de taxe d’habitation pour l’année concernée. Je vous remercie par avance et vous souhaite, Madame, Monsieur, l’expression de mes meilleures salutations.

As for the tax d’aménagement. You have to pay a one-off tax any time you make improvements to your property - includes things like swimming pools too, anything where you have to declare at marie or demand a permit. Amd you will probably also be sent an H1 form to complete to check you are paying the right tax foncière in future years.

It can be expensive!!

e montant de la taxe d’aménagement est tout d’abord déterminé par la “surface taxable”. Cette dernière correspond à la totalité de la surface construite ou reconstruite exprimée en mètres carrés, à l’exception :

• De l’épaisseur des murs et cloisons
  • Des surfaces non couvertes
  • Des surfaces dont la hauteur sous plafond est inférieure à 1,80 mètre.

La surface taxable est ensuite multipliée par la “valeur forfaitaire” du mètre carré. Ce montant est revalorisé chaque année par arrêté, et s’élève en 2019 à 753 € en province et 854 € en Île-de-France .

On applique enfin au résultat obtenu le taux voté par chaque collectivité locale dont dépend le bien immobilier concerné.

• Le taux de la commune est compris entre 1 et 5 %.
  • Le taux du département est plafonné à 2,5 %.
  • Le taux de la région est plafonné à 1 %.

Exemple de calcul de taxe d’aménagement
Un propriétaire résidant en Île-de-France construit sur son terrain un grand abri de jardin d’une surface intérieure de 25 m². Dans l’hypothèse où les différentes collectivités appliquent toutes le taux maximal, la taxe d’aménagement à payer s’élèvera en 2019 à :
25 x 854 x 0,05 pour la part communale, soit 1 067,50 €
25 x 854 x 0,025 pour la part départementale, soit 533,75 €
25 x 854 x 0,01 pour la part régionale, soit 213,50 €
Soit une taxe d’aménagement totale de 1 814,75 €

1 Like

Hi Jane
Just what i needed. I will send that to the tax office and the Improvement Tax i totally get.

Thank You

Jane’s answer is very good, but it is not the way it is done here. On Monday morning (first day back after their holidays) I contacted my local Mairie to ask for an ‘Attestation de Vacances’. This is the document that one would submit to the Impôts to ask for a full deduction of TdH. It happens like this, a bod from the Mairie, in this case the service technique, visits the property and confirms that the property is empty of furniture, it is of no consequence that the property has full services connected and it can be perfectly habitable, just empty. This morning I received the Attestation.

Round here our marie is too small to have that expertise, so it is trigged by tax office.

I imagine that she was too busy.

Whoops​:face_with_hand_over_mouth::grinning::+1:t2: