Increasing internet access speed with 4G mobile router

I can’t tell you how pleased I am! Thanks

2 Likes

You’re welcome James. Glad to have been of help.

2 Likes

Oh do stop or @graham will not stop banging on about it! :rofl:

(impressive speeds though!)

3 Likes

The Huawei mgmt app is very good too, helps you place the thing for better speed and it also picks up the Orange Airbox which is also a Huawei device, that could be useful inof if you ever have to use one of those.

1 Like

Maybe I can use it as a wifi extender.

but not 'arf as exciting!

1 Like

I am using it for primarily receiving, did the same for a friend on south coast UK and we got 65mbps stable cant remember the upload but sufficient for usage.

If they are both working at the same speed I’ll keep my money for other things in life I actually enjoy.

Fair enough :slight_smile:

I bought the Huawei B525s-23a white 4G + LTE LTE-A Category 6 Gigabit WiFi AC 2 x SMA Router for external antenna (White). It is cheaper even allowing for the addition of an external antenna but has the added advantage of having a telephone socket into which I have a standard DECT phone. The advantage for me was that I was able to get rid of my Orange Land Line which was costing me €54 a month and that is nearly €700 a year saving over keeping both. That is a lot of wine!

2 Likes

Thats helpful thank you, I was told it had to be a voip capable phone.

DECT phones are generally VOIP compatible. When we had an Orange Deadbox, we plugged the DECT base station into the appropriate socket on the Deadbox and the other handsfrees worked off it without a problem.
The Bouygues B528 offering with their abonnement does have a port for a phone but it is disabled in the software. There is a telephone number associated with the 4G account and they say that they will introduce the facility sometime in the future but given that Bouygues are also a major player in Mobile phones, perhaps their decision is commercially biased.

2 Likes

Hello all… we use a Wiko Y61 mobile phone as a WiFi hotspot. This with a 9 euros a month package from Free gives 150gb of data. This is more than enough for our usage which apart from the usual Internet stuff includes streaming a couple of hours of Netflix a day. Surprisingly this works with 1 and 2 bar signal 4G no good however during thunderstorms. When we are not here pre COVID we used to travel 3-6 months a year I switch the tariff to Free’s 2 Euro a month one. All online no contract no problem.

2 Likes

Useful, thank you.

Find out if wherever you live is or will be part of a fibre-optics installation that is progressing throughout France. If so, you might prefer that to a 4G.

Here is a map where you insert your 5-digit mail-reference and it should show you how well or not optical-fibre is available: Carte de couverture de la fibre optique en France

It is very, very, very much faster …

Id like to know all this you make it sound So simple as the saying goes " easy when you know how". As you know from previous messages tech not my thing and weve still no WIFI. SFR agreed with just 2 letters to cancell no charge which considered they never actually did anything was good of them . Our mob signal is good in house , were off to Orange tomorrow Options but can’t help wondering if we only wsnt WIFI no movile ot 123 tv channels is there another way of doing it? Also weve no phone line but rural . Thanks all.

I’d be I terrages to hear how you get on with that.

Interested!!!

1 Like

just in case you weren’t aware… you can edit a post by clicking on the image icon below your post.

another victim falls foul of the dratted predictive text :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi
Does anybody knows about SKYDSL?
Would it work here in France?