Insulation (again)

I realise this has many threads but could anyone suggest a Company that is OK to deal with for the loft insulation at 1€. We are near 24100 so anyone around this area would be OK, and a little English would be brilliant.
Had recent bad experience so very wary now!
Many thanks Beth

Beth… is your loft “lost space” ie entered via a hatchway… or is it more like an attic.
???
Locally, the 1€ offer relates to when the company can blow"fibre"/whatever… into the loft space… so the space does need to be enclosed.

Other sorts are available. Friends of mine had insulation fixed under their roof for €1 earlier this year. They wanted to use their attic space for storage so the blown fibre type wasn’t suitable.
They gave me these details. You need to call Karine Roche, best time to catch her is first thing in the morning as she is so busy.
Karine 0977773646.
Or by email

Apparently she speaks English too!
They weren’t too far from you, in the Charente.

Hi Stella, Yes it’s ‘lost space’, there is not much room, just enough for our nightly visitors!
regards
Beth

then you should have no problems… I know the Fr govt is concerned about “cowboy” companies… so why not ask your Mairie if they know who is recommended/working your area.

Dan also knows a company so why not give them a whirl too.

Just make sure you get everything in writing, confirming just what you have to pay and when…

best of luck

(ps: our Mairie never mind if folk ask them to check out a contract before they sign it… just a thought) :thinking:

Sadly, each time I have asked the 1€ companies to quote for our attics… they tell me we are not eligible as it is not “lost space”…

However, they are keen to tell me of their other scheme, fitting to the rafters/roof… which will cost several thousands of euros and we would be entitled to get nearly half back… but we would have to pay the full sum first and then wait for 12 months for the refund…

We have decided not to worry about the attics… :roll_eyes: the rest of the house is well insulated and we need the money for other things…

Smaller attics would probably be a reasonable bet… ours are much too big.

Perhaps you should contact my link. This is the roof my friends had insulated for €1.

Hi Stella, many thanks. Could you explain how I could send you a PM?
thanks Beth

click on my name and it should bring up a credit-card sized thingy with my details and the word Message on the right hand side

click on Message and it should open up a contact between us…

@anon14704272

It would be really useful if you could give us the trading-name etc of the company which carried out 1€ roof insulation for your friends …

cheers

It’s Isoeco. I’m sure an email to the address I gave before would answer all of your questions. My friends who have converted a former hotel near Confolens in the Charente into a family home were over the moon when they had the work done recently. The blown insulation did not suit their needs as their attic is used for storage. The company did a great job. I’ve seen photos of the completed work. They paid €1. No paying upfront and waiting for repayment or anything like that.
My friends said that Karen who they spoke to spoke excellent English.

cheers Dan… I’ll contact Isoeco and see what they can offer…

As a rule of thumb, I like to contact/check the company itself rather than an Agent… and this is in-line with the govt advice too… :slightly_smiling_face:

If you have their webpage… that would be great…

I presume it’s this company. An email to Karina Roche would confirm it.

I can only go by what I’ve heard. These are friends that I have known for 20 plus years. You might even have come across them as they are seriously into the classic car scene in SW France.

I saw the work carried out on their FB page not long ago. Hopefully I will see it for myself sometime in 2020.

cheers Dan… I have contacted the company… :slightly_smiling_face:

We have also had the underside of two of our attic roofs insulated (184sqm), along with two cellars (42sqm) & the garage, walls and ceiling, (113sqm). Three days work for 1€. We did not need to make things difficult, so we did not insist on English speakers.

Excellent news… can you give us the link to the company concerned… ??? :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Stella, I’ve clicked on your photo and it says ‘this users public profile is hidden’???
Beth

Ah … I’ll message you then…

Thanks Stella, nothing through yet,
Beth

1 Like

Getting our combles better insulated is something I’ve been thinking about for a while. Got something in the post this morning from MesComblesGratuits.fr (same company did free light bulbs a couple of years ago). Says it’s free for all, without income restrictions.

Anyone used this company - do they do what they say they will do, nothing to pay upfront?