Insurance quotes: What do Bonus and Malus Mean?

I am trying to sort out insurance for 3 motorcycles for myself, 2 for my wife.
Online quotes are asking me what the Bonus is, snd what the Malus is.
Our renewal notices only show a coefficient bonus-malus How do I separate that into the 2 separate values requested ?

Bonus is “no claims discount” and malus is the opposite :slightly_smiling_face:

This might help:
https://www.lecomparateurassurance.com/13-cas-pratiques/90273-calcul-bonus-malus-comment-calculer

Looks somewhat complicated.

Having read the article posted by @RicePudding , it seems that bonus and malus are mutually exclusive. Have I understood that aright?
I.e., Normally one would accrue a bonus for each year claim-free. In the event of a claim, the discount is affected by what we may referred to as a “loading”. When the loading exceeds the discount, the number is referred to as a “malus”.
That would mean that when completing online quotes, one enters either the bonus or the malus.
How am I doing ?

if you are going to shoot me try aiming just a little bit more to the right :slightly_smiling_face:

:wink: :grinning:

Thank you to @graham for pointing some of my typos.
I have corrected those that have been pointed out, and some that were not mentioned.
My apologies for sullying this forum with such careless mistakes.

I’m finding that I have to go back to all my posts and edit them, so you are most certainly not alone. My worry is that it’s the onset of dementia of course (being a cheery sort of person) but it could just be over-enthusiastic typing :smiley:

1 Like

honestly Martin, it wasn’t intended as a criticism, I just noticed a pattern, the mistaken key in both cases was the one to the left of the one intended :slightly_smiling_face:
Just an observational thing…
keeps me on my (old) toes :grinning:

Its my keyboard, the keys are always just to the right of where they ought to be, honest :wink:

I fear too that it could be early signs of decay, then remind myself that I often post stuff whilst stood in a freezing market. Customers often appear just as I promise myself to review before hitting the button. I then forget :slight_smile: