Interesting programme on Boris and Brexit

I thought this was well researched and well put together. Worth an hour of time

3 Likes

Can’t watch in the UK, will have to do something sneaky.

1 Like

I saw it was on but couldn’t face watching Johnson. Maybe I’ll try it on replay.
Meanwhile, at yesterday’s cabinet meeting UKGov discussed food parcels destined for the children who are “On Dinners”.

1 Like

You don’t see that much of Johnson himself, so quite safe! More of sister and father who are both europhiles.

2 Likes

Johnson senior might be a Europhile, but he’s a bit of a dick otherwise.

6 Likes

And a wife beater.

Thanks for the encouragement Jane! I watched it on France 5 replay and managed to get over having to see Johnson. The following programme was also good, with a rational, intelligent discussion between the co-author, an economist, a professor of Science Po and a film director/journalist (all French) which gave a clear impression of how the UK and Brexit is now viewed from outside its hallowed borders.

I fully endorse what Fleur has said (except that the director was British!) and we found both halves not only interesting but incredibly useful for our French :smiley:

I need to watch it again as I found some of the voiceovers meant that I got a bit of the English and a bit of the French and I want to have another go, I was pleased that, only this week, I had already learned the term “paradis fiscal” …

1 Like