Internet Explorer 9 and SFN

Is there anyone here running IE (that can test the SFN for me? Specifically private messaging and photo uploading functions. If they don’t work can anyone suggest a fix/workaround. Around 10% of visitors to SFN use IE9 and it is currently not supported by our hosting partners.

Also if you can post screen grabs on any errors here that would be helpful too.

Thanks in advance

James

Agreed, in this day and age it should be completely compatible, all the others are, so there really is no excuse anymore, apart from them trying to lock you in to their world, which on the internet just doesn’t fly today.

Excellent, I got it, what a pile of crap IE9 is though.

Thanks!

Just testing it in compatibility mode, it is as ugly as sin , but it seems to have sent the message, check your in-box. I would recommend, that people only add the survivefrance.com dommain name into this mode option, and not for all sites, otherwise, they might think there is something wrong with the web :wink:

Nick

Thanks Nick, that’s good to know.

Can you check something for me please, if you turn on compatibility mode in IE9 does that fix it?

Cheers

James

OK, installed IE9, and apart from it being horribly slow, I can’t send personal messages as you described. I suspect this is down to it’s lack of compatibility with a certain type of javascript when trying to click on the send button. You should have had messages from the other browsers, as they all worked.

The only work around I can see at the moment is to use one of the many other fine browsers , such as Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera or Safari.

Regards

Nick

Yes please Nick, thanks :slight_smile:

Ok, I can install it in one of my virtual machines and test it for you if you like.

regards

Nick

Hi Nick :slight_smile:

Sorry only just seen you reply! The thing is, the people running IE may have less technical knowledge so wouldn’t necessarily know how to install a new browser.

j

Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari or Opera;-) sorry I couldn’t resist James

It’s an easy sell.

regards

Nick