Interpreting results of French blood test

My pharmacist set this up and gave me the relevant codes. The problem is when I am putting in my own password.
Site is ‘telling’ me I have tried too many times (twice) try again in 15 minutes!

are you using the correct case?
When the phamracie set up the account they asked for an email address.An email was received to say the account had been created and it gave the id and initial password which you can then log in to change to what you require.
If all else fails click on the option to say you’ve forgotten your password and they will send a new one.

1 Like

I was just useing numbers, maybe that is the problem?

Maybe. Mine is a mix of letters and numbers and I think one has to be a capital letter.
They send you a code (as selected either by SMS or email) and you input the code in the relevant field in the log in screen to get access.

Yup, got those.

well, if you are getting the codes you must have logged in :thinking:

I got those and when I went in to create my DMP, first time, IT asked me to change the password…

Perhaps you did change the password and now can’t remember it.

When I forgot my password, I clicked on the "forgotten… " and they sent me new stuff. Super - worked like a charm.

mind you… they have to zap me a code on my phone each time I actually want to do anything within the Dossier…

Use a password file like LastPass :wink:
Google it…

Graham… don’t you get zapped a code each time you want to go into your DMP???

According to the site… that is why they must have a mobile or email address.

It’s to ensure it really is you… and not some naughty neighbour or whoever.

Sure do!

you’re tying me in knots… what’s all that about LastPass then ???

To help you log in to the site in the first place so they can send you the code @Stella
If you can’t log in to start in with you have a problem…

Ah yes, it was just the first time… I changed to my personal password then the machine (and I) threw a wobbly… and it all went haywire.

They shut me out for 15 minutes, then, when I tried again, I simply said I had forgotten… and the retrieval system worked. yippee

If you forget passwords try,

https://www.lastpass.com/

It’s free.

:wink::rofl: You’re very kind… but… I’m not in the habit of forgetting… thankfully. :wink:

Wasn’t aimed at you Stella. I write passwords down and often incorrectly :-1: which is why I’ve started using LastPass :+1::+1:

2 Likes

You just have to remember your extremely long LastPass psw :wink:

2 Likes

One thing I learned recently re blood test results, if a number is printed in bold letters, your level is out of the norm. Towards the right side of the paper, you can see what a normal result should be. I discovered that I have too much iron , for example, and have been tested for Hemochromatosis, a not very well known genetic syndrome that is more prevalent than people realise. They’ve only just started seriously researching it in France. It’s most common in Northern Europeans, like the UK and Ireland. It can shorten your life if not taken care of. The only treatment right now is donating blood.

Mine is not a dangerously high level, but has to be watched, and I’ve had to change my diet, absolutely no red meat, including lamb or duck, or shell fish.

It’s an interesting condition in some ways

Iron is a bit important to us - to the extent that we have no way of excreting it - the amount we have in our bodies being regulated by controlling absorption from the gut. It is this mechanism which goes wrong in haemochromatosis.

Venesection is, indeed, the usual treatment for primary haemochromatosis. Sadly, at least in the UK (no idea about France but would be surprised if different) the blood is not considered suitable for donation and is discarded.

1 Like

Perhaps blood tests are produced in different formats.

My blood tests show each previous result on the far right side of the paper. Thus I can see whether a certain aspect/result is up or down on last time… :thinking: