Introduce yourselves!

Hi Folks Introducing myself having just joined the network, although I've been aware of it for some time. I find your discussions interesting especially when I am living at our second home in the Montagne Noire near Carcassonne. My connection with France goes back a long way since meeting my friend Dominique from Beziers when we worked as volunteers in a children's home in Essex when both just 16yrs.We have remained firm friends and she helped us buy our French house in 2006 even having Power of Attorney from us to do the paper work. She is a recently retired English teacher and my background is social work, also retired. I studied in Edinburgh , and she shared a flat with me. She loved Scotland and I loved France, an Auld Alliance. My husband and I now spend several months in France each year. He writes and enjoys the peace and quiet of village life. If you enjoy a laugh, and are not of a sensitive disposition, you can hear his current project for free on Soundcloud and Podbean, under Comedy. It's "Journal of an Island Spinster".

Thanks to both of you. Found it and have sent the request to Sam.

Perfect, Peter, thank you. Sorry, I'm completely elsewhere with headphones on listening to a ridiculous telecoms conference.

Elaine, any problems, shout.

Elaine, click on Sams avatar then click on 'add as friend' then you simply click or send him a message with the friend request by clicking on 'send a message'

It usually works ok.

Good luck.

Hi Val
A good idea but I don’t know how! When i click on add friends it takes me to a box requiring an email address. I don’t have Sam’s. Is there a way I can do this via SFN?

Hi Sam and Elaine, I'm not sure if you two have exchanged friend requests yet but it would enable you to exchange info like phone numbers etc privately?

Hi Elaine, having problems with my car this morning so I’m not sure to make it to St Jean Pied de Port today to meet you… I’m really sorry for that. Could we arrange for another time? Maybe I could come to st palais sometime? Thanks again
Sam

Thanks, I plan to! :)

We visited a museum in Ciuza if I recall. Isn't it a prehistoric museum wth a milliner museum attached ? seemed rather a weird combination !

Just down the road in St Ju - pop in for a cuppa if passing.

Thought i would say hi Sula, we have a holiday home near Limoges, but are also from Edinburgh!
Enjoy France..

Hi Folks,

My husband Niall and I currently live in Edinburgh in Scotland but are in the process of buying a rural property in Aude (near Cuiza). It is our intention to use it as a holiday home for ourselves and our extended family for the next few years whilst we do it up and to eventually move out to France permanently. I am a teacher (Biology) and I shall be out there for the Easter hols (2 weeks) and the whole of the summer (July and most of August) every year. The property is in a tiny hamlet and needs a bit of work but is close to amenities. My husband works in Nature conservation. We are both quite "outdoorsy". Niall loves epic cycle trips and hiking whilst I like climbing, canyoning and caving. We would love to meet some of the ex-pats in our area but hope to eventually integrate into the community!

Perfect! I look forward to meeting you both in St Jean Pied de Port next Tuesday at 12! [ By the bridge where you go through the arch into the old town.] Here is my number just in case you don't find me easily! 06 77 23 66 05

Sam

12 it is then. My friend has a French lesson in the morning but is usually finished by 11.
We looked forward to meeting you

That sounds great! How about Tuesday? Anytime between 12 and 2 would be fine by me! How about for you both? You choose the time! I really appreciate the chance for a good chat and thanks for linkedin!

Tuesday or Thursday are good for us. As we are retired and (supposedly have plenty of time on our hands!) we will let you choose the day and time. There is a nice café just before the bridge where you go through the arch into the old town.
I have sent a connection request on Linkedin too.

Ah not to far away from us then; yes Urepel is certainly a little remote!! But very beautiful! Yes St Jean Pied de Port is a great location to meet I know it quite well myself. My girlfriend plays chistera a basque sport there! Maybe sometime next week would be good for a coffee? That would be really pleasant! What do you think?

We are in Garris near St Palais.
My gosh you are really out in the Pays Basque profond!
I have only been to Urepel once … for the start of the Korrika earlier this year … its rather out of the way. We have visited St Etienne a few times and had a drink on the square. The nearest we come on a regular basis is St Jean Pied de Port. We love it! How about meeting up there one afternoon?

Urepel close to St Etienne de Baigorry; how about yourself?

Where are you living Sam?