Introduction

Hi my name is Jon and I live with my partner who is a ceramic sculptress in Eymet.

We have been in france for two and a half years and are finding the last few months hard going.
I left a sucessful job in the UK as a manager in a hospital, worked for 2 years when I came over here for a car rental company for SMIC it was hard work with not a word of thanks it was a real wake up call .

I am qualified as a nurse in the UK and early in th eyear made the appropriate investigations with DDASS regarding becoming registered over here, that being so I quit my job to start a 3 month unpaid formation at a local hospital after which i would recieve another language assesment and then hopefully revieve my IDE which would enable me to practice in France, however this was halted after a month by DDASS saying that this was an unauthorised formation and they would not sanction it even though it was them that told me to arrange it myself when I asked for help with an introduction to the local hospital.

After battling with them for two months my formation recommences in January for two months although with the attitude I have faced I am not that hopeful that the rules wont change again. Add into all of this the fact that I only had the funds to cover 3 months of no work I am locked in a battle with pole d emploi now.

Sorry to begin my intro on such a down note but it seemed easier to get the explanations out of the way first.
Looking forward to being part of the group

Jon

Dear Jon
Sorry to hear about all that - do make contact with Magali Bosser who is a network member as well as a personal friend. She is French and a registered nurse - I’m sure she will prove helpful if you run into more administrative problems. Good luck!
Cx

ps do urge your wife to join the artists group too!