Hi all. You will have no doubt noticed that questions frequently arise here on SFN to do with pension entitlements, tax issues, and so forth. The majority of members who add helpful replies are UK based and this of course has no relevance to those of us who must apply to the appropriate Irish authorities, so I thought it might be useful to start this discussion and invite people to share any helpful information.
For example, questions that can arise are:
- Am I entitled to an Irish pension when living in France?
- What is the retirement age for a contributory or non-contributory pension?
- When and where do I apply for my Irish pension?
- Do I need an Irish EHIC card?
- I am resident in France, but go back to Ireland for visits. Should I apply for a French EHIC card?
- How do I claim back Deposit Interest Retention tax (DIRT) on savings?