Is anybody using Amazon Music?

I ask because I am having ongoing problems with Spotify and also with the tablet I recently bought to listen to music on.

Fingers crossed the tablet problem might be solved now, it worked as it should do last night, but that was after many times not working interspersed with the odd good result. So not completely trustworthy to say the least and not much confidence in their help advice which at one point thought that setting it to switch off after an hour only for it to set itself to more than 4 days, was ok. :roll_eyes:

But I thought that I would give it a little longer and maybe try an alternative to Spotify in the meantime. Hence my question about Amazon, I don’t want to jump from the frying pan into the fire.

My needs are simple. All I want is to set it to play music to send me to sleep at bedtime and for it, the app or the tablet, to shut down after 1 hour. Neither have been completely successful so far.

I have it but I don’t use it.

I’ve just looked and found this option, however I can’t comment on whether it works correctly, or any other aspect of their service.

Yes, thanks Gareth, I see roughly the same on both Spotify and the tablet I bought, with variable success. I know I could try Amazon on the same 3 month free trial as I had with Spotify, but if it takes as long as that to work out, not so sure.

Might send the tablet back and re-instate the use of the internet radio which worked perfectly from day one, but, being radio, I have to accept their choice of music, that’s all.

Its free if you’ve got amazon prime. I rarely use it as have other options for music but my brother recently bought me an amazon alexa device with a screen . I use it mainly as a radio but I’ll see if it can be used as a sleep/alarm clock.
Edit. Yes, you can set a sleep timer and alarm with the radio, just by asking nicely

One of the problems could be so many different settings with regards to timers, sleep functions etc have been changed as you learned how to use android, they could be working against each others settings and confusing things.
Normally I would say to do a factory reset back to the state you received it and start again now you have been getting used to android, but that could be opening a whole new can of worms :yum::laughing:.

There is a sleep setting from 15 mins to 60mins in the easy to find settings menu.

Yes I know, but that is not the problem, it is getting it to obey consistantly the instructions already accepted.
I’ll have a look at Prime, I have always resisted it because I believed it was encouraging me to buy more than I might want, but if it includes something that is already not too expensive I can see the advantage.

@Griffin36 . A can of worms I would accept if it meant the thing kept its promises. :rofl: