Is anyone in this forum following the NHL?

Anyone else in France a Toronto Maple Leafs fan like me? If so, first let me say I feel for ya. :sweat_smile:

How about any Boston Bruins fans? They’ve had quite a season!

Anyone planning to watch any of the upcoming Stanley Cup playoff games somewhere like the Great Canadian Pub or The Moose bar in Paris? Maybe we can join up!?!

Kwake

34 views and not one hockey fan here yet?

If it’s because I’m a Trump fan, you can always send me a personal message and I promise not to out you! :slight_smile:

K

The last trump is the only one I’m interested in and at my age I can expect it any day now. :rofl:

This is mainly France (and UK) , bit like asking if anyone follows Mongolian yak racing😉

3 Likes

Go Kazakhstan, Whats NHL. :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

H for hockey maybe? Ulan Bator Eagles yak team looking good :slightly_smiling_face:
Edited to say duh shoulddareadtheconvo.

1 Like

My only knowledge is via a good friend / client whose husband played for the the Ottawa Senators and Nashville Predators. He retired for the second or third time about 5 years ago though so it’s been years since I had to feign any kind of interest in anything to do with ice hockey. :sweat_smile::rofl:

I love baseball and American Football but find ice hockey dull, most of the game is spent trying to take out your opponent rather than score.

Remind you of Trump?

1 Like

All 3 are like kids dressing up to me. Totally uninteresting. I was once treated ( :roll_eyes:) to a commercial awayday at Wembley to watch the 49ers bash the Dolphins. Totally bored to tears and couldn’t wait for the grub and drinks afterwards.

Mind you, I missed a lot of it because all the giant mannekins who weren’t actually playing all stood up when they thought it was exciting and all we could see were the backs of 7 foot tall coloured lumps. :rofl:

My daughter and her husband are avid Dallas Stars fans, always dressed up in the green hats and sweats and try not to miss any games. They also support a smaller local team and have on ocassions had to go out on the ice and race against others on children’s tricycles for a laugh.

Funny…hockey at school was like that :slight_smile:

1 Like

And lax :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m a hockey fan and former rec player but I’ve never developed more than a passing interest in NHL, lack of access to games on TV being the stumbling block. Involvement in junior ice hockey has taken me to Canada and Sweden. Great sport.

I only follow my home team (Toronto) and Boston, since for the past several years the two have been rivals in the playoffs. Boston has been the victor each time and looks like they’ll do it again this year.

If you’re interested, I use the following site to watch quick recaps of games, since I don’t stay up and watch full games at 1am anymore. DTMTS - Spoiler Free Highlights

I played hockey weekly up until I moved to France in 2001. My Dad still plays twice a week, winter and summer, even at 78 years old.

Glad to virtually meet at least one person here so far that knows what hockey’s about.

K

1 Like