Is it me

Quite right but the French have to live by the same rules too, just like the Italians in Italy, the Germans in Germany...! and yes ultimately, if you don't like it... :-O

Bummer! Ours come together too, sent the cheques off yesterday :-(

fortunately my accountant's great (although we did meet others who weren't and were pleased we shopped around at the outset), no spots but years of experience and a friend now - she has lunch with us when she comes to do the accounts once a month, and she fills out our impôts for us, does our company agm minutes for the agm that never happens (like everyone else!) etc. Like you say, if you're not getting what you're paying for - change ;-)

It happens because it's France, and all things strange always happen in France, its the French way, and unfortunately we have to put up with it, we're English in France, we have to live by their rules, and if we don't like it, there's always Calais. Sorry to be blunt, but it's the way it is.

Umm, OH is on his way to the RSI as we type, to ask for a 'delai de paiement' we can pay my 1500€ but not his as well :-( the tax refund wasn't that big.

The accountant does my stuff but wanted to get the tax form done (knew we would be due a refund) so used the figure she gave me then the form came through the day after - so may have to amend it. Will call the accountant - who is expensive, snotty and not to my liking, she will be history when I give her notice in September. she seems to forget, I am paying her!

Yes, I loved the latter, especially with paper work in several languages and currencies they sometimes could not cope with. I got away with daylight robbery with that at least, here... zilch and sometimes it costs if the expenses show up in turnover when reimbursed with the fee!

Most things are easier in the UK, especially in your native language. I can also make business expense deductions - so much so that on a 39000 turnover, I made just 11000 profit and therefore paid less social charges than when I was AE - even though they were half of my profit! Good job the taxman gave me a refund!

I tried for a laugh. My age and my UK doctorate got me a silly response back...

Got ours the other day too, 510€ déductible (put down as expenses, I presume - not 100% sure as everything's done by the accountant, way too much for me to handle now!) plus 240€ + 50€ non déductible. Didn't have all that when I was an AE, or my quarterly 1700€ charges sociales to the RSI... :-O

Well when I was self employed in the UK, I found it very straight forward and easy.

Oh and I could make these things called...Business Expense Deductions.

Andrew - do you know anything about CSG - have received a paper from the RSI telling me my CSG deductible and non deductible - deductible de what?

Yes, it did go up on the 1st January 2014

http://www.lautoentrepreneur.fr/images/2487-LettreInfos-AE_janv2014.pdf

Personally I think this country treats people very well on low incomes. I have been on a low income since I lived here - a very long time and I have only once earned enough to pay tax - most years I have been given a rebate. I have been employed by French companies many times, had a fair share of chomage and thanks to the AE scheme started a business with, low start up cotisations. This has now enabled me to change to an Entreprise Independante, which I would never have been able to do before. Mind you, this makes the AE paperwork seem like a piece of cake.

Thanks Tracy, thats very helpful.

I'm no longer AE but I have been into the Chambre de Metiers and they have given me the application forms to send of, so I wold start there or the CCI depending on what you do.

Does anyone know where we have to contact to find out about taking a training course under this scheme? I started to investigate and then got lost.

That has always been there. At least with that you are entitled to take a training course each year.

Same as Suzanne, both. Do they never tell, just take? Mind you, as a selfemployed person for years, the UK was little different, badger, badger, badger to get taxes out of me and then try to ask them about the rebate I knew I would be owed let alone ask for it!

Don't knock the AE regime, Tim, it's giving you a way of being self-employed that's soooo much cheaper (if you're on low turnover) and easier than the normal/standard regimes. No one moans because the since 2009 it's revolutionised the self-employed sector in France, people only protest when there's talk of abolishing the regime ;-)

There was also a contribution to professional training fee which I don’t remember paying before or am I behind on noticing that one?

I noticed that too…soon we will be up to 30%!

Not sure if it has, I was kind of wondering the same, so hopefully someone will answer on here.

Regarding: Why does this country punish those on low'ish incomes? I think you should write a letter to Monsieur Hollande and ask him coz I have no idea about that either.

Sorry I havent been very useful :-)