Is it worth having a Mutuelle?

How do you feel about risk? And do you have any financial cushion?

As if you have no, or just a small, financial cushion then something like a hospital only policy is probably wise. That is where the big costs can get you. And you are at a period of your life where these things are perhaps more likely to happen.

Beyond taking out something like that, unless you are strongly risk averse, if you are in reasonable health right now why not just wait and see? You have only just settled here and maybe need more time to work out what your living costs here will be and what sort of level is affordable for you?

On the other hand, if your financial cushion is large and fluffy then you can take out a top of the range mutuelle and perhaps not even feel the impact on your bank balance. Or just ditch the whole concept and self-pay!

1 Like

Jane, thank you lots. People pay good money for advice as well considered as that.

No large and fluffy anything chez moi. Any vestige of fluffy has been shorn down to the wood in the 4 weeks I’ve been here by the sort of unforseen and pricy problems with vehicles that might well be the case with self. Fortunately, I’m still roadworthy.

So it’s got to be the other - the lean and hungry end of things. At least my S1 is imminent, I’m told.

I shall take your advice and kick back, scope the options, wait and see. Sale or rent of my flat in VLC would transform the picture… sort of modestly fluffy-like.

Why not discuss with Fabien, who will give sensible advice?

1 Like

I always find is that the dearest insurance is the one you do not have.

1 Like