Is new lockdown looming?

I don’t get it you live in France but is English and your kid moved from France to Germany?

Funny things that I have meet several English expats in France and Spain that have said one of the reason for moving where not be forced in to baby sitting every weekend and holidays that actually want to have there own life’s after becoming pensioners Especially now when people start making babies so late that the grandparents are in there 70s for the first grandkids

@Bajen , looking at your comments in this thread, you don’t really seem to understand people, relationships and individuals choices at all. Just my 2p

1 Like

I don’t think that’s fair at all really. Just because someone doesn’t align to our way of thinking doesn’t mean they don’t understand or their point is invalid. It’s very easy to dismiss those who feel differently. I can understand both points of view here and tend to think that there is some degree of validity to what @Bajen had said even if it doesn’t align with what most think or feel, it’s got me thinking about something I hadn’t really done so before.

1 Like

People live in all sorts of places for all sorts of reasons, you are Swedish - if I remember correctly - and yet you live in France, maybe you will meet eg a Spanish person and move to Spain, or Slovenia, or somewhere else - is it so extraordinary?

3 Likes

The thing is, Bajen seems to be judging people on this forum for there actions and choices. I really don’t think that is the right thing to do. It may be a cultural difference, but I don’t think so.

Let he who is without sin… so I’ll shut up.
:see_no_evil::rofl::woman_judge:

1 Like

Maybe. But having followed his (I think his) posts over time I believe it is a question of second language and cultural differences and a genuine desire to know/understand why others behave in different ways. No judgement there - just asking straight (maybe sometimes blunt) questions.

I think the restrictions placed on us by Covid has given people a reality check about what’s important in life and being able to see family has risen to the top of the list for some.

1 Like

Being blunt is definitely a Swedish cultural trait - not unique to Bajen.

2 Likes

@SuePJ and @Geof_Cox , I trust your views on @Bajen and Swedish culture and so withdraw any criticism I may have made. I’ll chalk it up to experience, and a bad day.

2 Likes

She is not my ‘kid’.
She was headhunted to work in Germany after working in London for a year and we moved to France later.

1 Like

When in Rome.