Is the lockdown now over?

Have I misinterpreted the PM’s speech from this week ?
Shops and free travel were supposed to start on May 11th !
But today, Point P, Brico Marche are all open in Paimpol with lots of eager customers. I presume that the marie or prefecture has sanctioned this.
Which rules do we obey or do we do as the french and only apply those rules we agree with.
Never seen any police checks in my area going shopping once a week.

Tony… please amend your Registration to show your Full Name as per our T&C.

If you’re not sure how to do that… simply put your First and Last name here on this thread and I will amend it for you.

It would appear that you have not been able to follow the Prime Minister’s speech to Parliament.

the subject is being discussed elsewhere on the forum, in the UK Press and in the French Press, TV et al.

Take a look and join the discussion…

but first, please do amend your Registration…

You can drop the lazy clichés and stereotyping, thank you.

7 Likes

Essential shops have been slowly opening over last week/10 days as they have been able to put measures in place for safety of staff and customers. Particularly DIY type shops and garden centres as they are getting essential, as well as post offices - you can manage without for a few weeks but people now need light bulbs and kerosene and vegetable seeds. In general round here people are patiently queuing outside and there is a max capacity of people inside at any one time.

Other shops like hairdressers and children’s clothes shops are still closed (much to annoyance of neighbour whose toddler has grown out of his shoes).

So this is all as set out by government. We live in tiny hamlet, and we see gendarme every day or so slowly driving around checking we are not breaking rules. Perhaps you just haven’t been out when they are doing their checks.

Vero, we have seen quite a few people coming out from Lyon to their second homes, which is not on.
I know this has been happening in UK too, but their must be a certain type of person who just thinks that this does not apply to them.
You get people having tea together in their streets or on their balconies, keeping two metres apart, but we, who have huge gardens are supposed to stay in our own area. Nonsensical.

@Jane_Williamson I quite agree with you that it is a certain sort of person - of any nationality - who does that, but “do we do as the french [sic]” implies strongly that the British don’t, it is just French people.

2 Likes

Might I suggest we leave this discussion… until Tony tells us his Full Name… :thinking:

1 Like