Is this a scam or is it genuine?

Hi there. Today I received this email. At first I thought how wonderful, then my cautious sceptical brain kicked in. Has anyone else had this same email before?
Many thanks.

Bonjour,

Suite aux opérations de régularisation de la DGFiP de votre montant de déductions en tenant compte du montant de l’impôt réel à payer, nous vous informons que vous avez droit à un remboursement d’impôt de 130,00 euros.

Nous vous invitons à bénéficier du remboursement du trop-payé d’impôts pour l’exercice 2024, à cet égard, vous pouvez commencer la procédure de restitution et accéder au lien du formulaire de remboursement sécurisé dans un espace particulier sur impots.gouv.fr

Vous recevrez une confirmation dans l’e-mail de votre compte environ 48 heures après avoir terminé votre procédure.

Nous vous remercions de votre confiance.

The safest way to check is to login to the impots site - NOT using that possibly scam link and see if you have a message.

2 Likes

this scam occurs regularly… as the French Tacx/Govt folk keep saying… any overpayment will be automatically reimbursed through the standard channels… ie back into you Bank Account…

I’ve just checked the Impots site…

they are warning about fraud re “over payments/ fines and all sorts…”

Attention aux arnaques !

Des courriels et SMS frauduleux circulent pour promettre le remboursement d’un trop perçu ou menacer de poursuites pour non paiement d’impôts ou d’amendes. Ces escroqueries n’ont pour but que de vous extorquer de l’argent ou des informations.

En savoir plus

thus you should ignore any emails and messages…

EDIT… apologies @Elton … welcome to the site… :+1:

3 Likes

Elton - welcome to the site, and it’s great that your first post is some potential good news! As Notalot said, log into your Impots account and see what that has to say. Good luck - and please let us know the outcome!

1 Like