ISPs

Hi, I am trying to do a lot of my university work from France (dept 09) using the internet but the broadband speed is so slow it is almost prohibitive. I use software like Adobe connect to lecture to Singapore and Malaysia. If I cannot improve internet speed I will have little option to move house or even worse return to a UK base. Using Free France at the moment. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

The speed you get will depend on how far you are from the exchange and the quality of the cables.

There is a site that will tell you what offers are available in your area and what speeds you might be able to get :> http://www.degrouptest.com/

No guarantee that their results will be 100% correct of course.

Hi Kate, thanks for the response. I strongly suspect you are quite correct as proximity to a digital exchange seems to be a major factor.

I use FREE as well and have no problems at all - it is super fast but I am in Paris which may be the difference.

Hi Ken
I would repost this in the Computer Corner group so that it will get noticed - sure someone will have a solution!