It's going viral

Soooooo sorry Darren, but you’ve been pipped for the post as intern by the very glorious fresh young Ms Wu Bai Zhao who has a PhD from Tianjin Business School and is investing ¥2,000,000 in our little enterprise to secure her internship. Her name is full of promise, as it translates as “Stock of Treasures” and she looks as good as it sounds!

You shouldn’t have dithered, but good luck in your career. And I really liked your pitch, man! Cool!

I [quote=“Chris_Kite, post:20, topic:26331, full:true”]
Suppose I have an emergency though?
[/quote]

I really get a buzz reading your questions, Graham, so keep 'em coming, however weak you get as the fever gets a real grip: it’s about now that the brain-stem starts to feel the heat. Panadol sometimes helps, washed down with 500 ml of undiluted pastis.

Did you manage to get the skull and cross bones painted over your threshold? But I mustn’t put you under any pressure. I am in my security vault now, see you all on November 1st! A la prochaine! :hugs::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Only joking!

I’m loving this post :joy:

Hilarious

1 Like

You must be imbibing some of that Pastis yourself Peter…I’m Chris and I’m going antiviral, for today at least :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Chris, and it’s perfectly reasonable to have doubts about my sobriety, I wish more people shared your scepticism, or sniffed my breath discreetly on those occasions when we meet unexpectedly, especially before lunch, when a person of probity might be expected not to smell like a bar-mat at closing time in an inner city Wetherspoons.

I wish more of my friends and acquaintances entertained the thought that my odd views and obscure utterances might be the result of my immoderate boozing, largely unobserved, but widely rumoured abroad, not without concern too.

You will see that I have interrupted my congés to respond to your post, so moved was I by your solicitude, but I’m descending to my cave again now, and won’t reappear on this thread again until November, when Johnny will sleep in his own little bed again, and there will be bluebirds over the White cliffs of Dover, just you wait and see. Do or die!

If you run across Graham tell him I hope he makes a full recovery from the virus I gave him, unintentionally. Cheerio!

PS I was at the thé à la pêche again today, only that and a cup of Tetley’s.

2 Likes

I’m really not sure what this post is about… But I do know I am way too young to understand.

Age is no excuse. You really only need to have the ‘ability’ to think like a Goble. I’m not sure I’ve managed it so far and OH reckons I visibly age reading some of these posts :wink:

2 Likes

I take a guess that our beloved Peter has run out of his Bovril fix & has had to score from dubious French suppliers for another fix. "Bah oui, monsieur Pete, toi tu est un pote à moi, bien sûr, j’ai de la came, c’est de la meme chose mais de qualité français superior çà s’appelle ‘Viandox’ & c’est terrible! çà va de te defoncé la tete, t’inquiète pas!
I love when Peter, has his thinking out of the box moments.
God knows where this ones going but I’m strapped in for the ride!
Thanks Pete, for something fun & so far no wingding or one up-man ship on ethics etc.etc. Bravo. :joy:

2 Likes

Some call it Goble de gook, others say it’s a Goble phenomenon but whatever it is there’s no doubt it’s gone viral…

3 Likes

Maybe Gob-shite is a better description :joy:

3 Likes

Tune in turn on and drop out of the box for a while, hey, it’s holiday season, let the mind go free a while, & have a laugh! Lateral thinking has benefits.
I’m sure Peter, will take Gr8 pleasure explaining them in minor detail & after all he’s the qualified “mental nurse”.
As for this virus, well it’s certainly spreading. Thank God I’m immune, due to my blood type.

1 Like

Show off! I haven’t got half the bloody things you talk about and the rest are imported!

1 Like

This is better than any Member of Parliament never really answering any question put to him /her by an interviewer.

1 Like

Peter - You are beginning to sound more and more like that buffoon Boris!!!

Please reassure me that it is just the heat?

[quote=“carlmt, post:36, topic:26331, full:true”
Please reassure me that it is just the heat?
[/quote]

Carl, my respected friend! Gosh and golly, if that’s not an expression both highly appropriate and yet a little risqué in these fevered, yes fevered times. You are right!

The word is heat! Le mot juste! Re ardens!

Climate change, it must be addressed with a burning zeal. I know it, you know it, any poor benighted individual from whom the scales of climate change ignorance have yet not been removed from his eyes by our wonderful NHS surgeons free at the point of delivery, will…will…and I am totally, irrevocably committed, AND determined, to see that over the line, over the line, by 31 October, Graham.